What do you miss the most by not cruising?

ipeeinthepool

We are Elite and I really miss the nightly meetings in the Sky Lounge.  I love seeing where the ship is going, having a few glasses of wine and meeting some new friends.  What do you miss?

Edited by ipeeinthepool

Honestly at the moment nothing.

i am enjoying being at home and not having to plan what to pack

I have super automatic expresso machine that makes any kind of espresso based drinks you can think of by just pressing a few buttons, Jura Giga 5.   Don’t have to wait in any line to get one

I have all the liquor I like and make the drinks the way that I like them.  

Have a nice deck with a hot tub that I can sit on and do what I want, including having a drink while in it

have great internet if 8 want to use it 

Have many TV channels, videos and etc to watch instead of the few that are available on board.

I can go on and on 

Life is great and really don’t miss any cruising at the moment and even did a few lift and shifts as we don’t want or need to sail anymore this year.

I miss visiting our family and friends more

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

I have super automatic expresso machine that makes any kind of espresso based drinks you can think of by just pressing a few buttons, Jura Giga 5.   Don’t have to wait in any line to get one

Have a nice deck with a hot tub that I can sit on and do what I want, including having a drink while in it

Have many TV channels, videos and etc to watch instead of the few that are available on board.

I can go on and on 

Life is great and really don’t miss any cruising at the moment and even did a few lift and shifts as we don’t want or need to sail anymore this year.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Great response. 

• Like 1

I miss the excellent service we  receive on Celebrity. My husband says we don't "vacation" since we're retired, we travel. I say if I don't have to fix meals, clean the house and make the beds, it's a vacation. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Excursions- visiting many new places in the world.

However, going through my photos, I realise how incredibly lucky we have been, to have visited Australia, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Russia, Singapore and the USA.

I have memories.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 6

The looking forward to it, the planning.

The experience itself, being pampered, making new friends, eating food I haven’t cooked myself..

We are making the most of each day...we enjoy our garden, relaxing with books and TV but if we didn’t have a cruise booked for next year I would be less happy.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

All what the others say, I'm missing a margarita outside somewhere near the pool?? I'm like Mervyns in California, OPEN OPEN OPEN! We cannot wait!

I thought Mervyns went bankrupt years ago.  

8 hours ago, miched said:

I can go on and on 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree...except no hot tub  at the moment.  Dtr's  heated pool will be opened soon, and our backyard in NY is heaven while we cocoon at home  for awhile!  Enjoying our grandbabies!

Looking forward to the  winter season in Florida where we have everything we need including gulf beaches, swaying palm trees , beautiful birds and great neighbors. We will miss going there for our June visit..flights were cancelled.

Happy that our Celebrity refunds are all finally completed.  We are hoping to cruise in January 2021,  out of Tampa or in the fall of 2021 to use up our fcc. After that, will we cruise again,..? Maybe?  Was not happy with X throughout the long refund process...new management needed!

So far we are good..hoping to stay safe...less stress!

I miss planning the details of my next cruise (a little off topic... apologies).  I have a New Zealand cruise booked for March 2021 and normally I’d be busy researching the ports, flights, etc but given the uncertainty my heart just isn’t in it at the moment.

We were on one of the last cruises in March so those memories are still fresh.... simply trying to think back to all the good times and adventures hoping to sail again when it’s safe.

• Like 2

Most of our cruising is in the winter, so not missing anything for now.  B2B2B scheduled for January/February 2021.  We've booked alternative lodging in Florida for that window, not sure if ships will be sailing of if they are, we will want to be on them.  Not going to cruise if I have to wear a mask or deal with "social distancing" restrictions.  We love to cruise (42 nights last winter).   But we'll be fine going without if it doesn't sound fun to us anymore.

• Like 1

Love being spoiled in Luminae and suite lounge , listening to live music , we are extremely lucky I have pool in backyard that I can use 6 months out of the year and we go out to eat several times a week at least one of them will have live music. 

Good thread!

What we do miss:  The anticipation of the sailing, even after having spent 1200+ days on ships.  The anticipation never seems to get old.

Looking forward to port every day or so.  We care very little about the ship as long as it is clean and the food good.  We sail only for itinerary so this is a big "miss."

The helpful service from so many of the crew.  We have developed lasting friendships over the years from crew members we have met.

People we have met on sailings and now count as close friends all over the world.

What we do not miss:

Since we were on an "affected" cruise in February and March, we don't miss the uncertainty of not knowing where we were going, floating throughout the Indian Ocean for almost 2 weeks.  Although the service was extraordinary, it is more than disconcerting when 6 ports deny you entry, including our disembarkation port.  Scrambling to change air reservations 3 times (hours on the phone each time).  

For this reason, for the foreseeable future, the "what we do not miss" far outweighs what we do.  And that doesn't take into account the uncertainty of how different the cruise experience will likely be. Even though we have almost 70 days booked between September and January, not sure if any of them will come to fruition.  Which is painful, I will admit.  But I can't imagine jumping on a cruise ship in this environment.

I miss the special friends we have met and kept up with via mutual cruising and had future cruises planned and now cancelled and rescheduled.  
I’m focusing on the positive, that we were so lucky to cruise multiple past times , share great memories and so far we are all healthy.  I would be lying if I said  don’t get a little sad when I think of the wonderful things recently cancelled, but I try to redirect myself with how very lucky I am in the scheme of life. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I miss the excellent service we  receive on Celebrity. My husband says we don't "vacation" since we're retired, we travel. I say if I don't have to fix meals, clean the house and make the beds, it's a vacation. 

I'm with you!  I'm retired too, but I need a vacation from keeping up a house and cooking!  At least once a month!

• Like 4

I miss the $4000 dollars I now have tied up in a FCC due to cancellations from Covid and the cruise with "CON" fidence policy. If I have to use it by next year I may never see the money.

• Haha 1