New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

5 years ago, our daughter unveiled our first granddaughter’s name.

What!  Where did that name come from?

5 years later, she couldn’t have been named anything else and we love her to death.

They called your granddaughter by the name of What!   This is very unusual.  Must be a pain when people ask her name.  They must all think she is deaf.

😁 Hopefully not taken at rude!

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

When we moved into our Italian house,we bought a washing machine called Arvo.The only one made in Italy now.It leaked after 2 weeks,got an Indesit.

Don't know much about washing machines, I had to ask DW what one was, but Avro made some good aeroplanes.🛩️✈️

33 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

It's only a name............in my opinion it sounds good,before this i had never heard of it before and because it reminds you of another company name........so what.Get over it and let's all move on,things could and have been a lot worse,here we are discussing a name of a new ship.

Absolutely agree. What are they like, talking about a ships name on a thread titled........oh...woops 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well over an hour later and I still can't remember the name. I have to remember Ave Maria to remind remind of the name ...Arvia Maria. Sad that I am .... 

I am the same.I have to think of Ave Maria to remember the name.I probably will have forgotten it completely in a week or 2 when its not commented on

Just now, ann141 said:

I am the same.I have to think of Ave Maria to remember the name.I probably will have forgotten it completely in a week or 2 when its not commented on

Now I'm trying to remember why Ave Maria reminds me of it 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, majortom10 said:

End of the day its the name of a ship does it really matter what it is called.

If there are suitable itineraries on her I will sail on her whatever her name.I just things it helps to have a name thats memorable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

If there are suitable itineraries on her I will sail on her whatever her name.I just things it helps to have a name thats memorable

We are the same.

It's a shame they emailed us creating anticipation of the new name then came up with a forgettable name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

On a different note, when is this ship supposed to sail and have they started to build her yet? Just curious

December 2022 is in their brief notes, and to go on sale next month.

Nothing at the main shipyard of Meyer Werft, they are plenty busy with 3 ships at moment, but the FERU would be built at Neptun Werft.  Neptun tend to be very limited on photo release. 

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It does when the taxi driver  say's what ship sir?

But with no overnight stops you won't get chance to forget the name, plus you will be on a P&O organised taxi ride so the driver will know the name of the ship, unless of course he forgot too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Absolutely agree. What are they like, talking about a ships name on a thread titled........oh...woops 🤣

It's a name .I once met a girl ,she was lovely as we chatted I asked what is your name ?

"Titletgothurangula" she said .  Wow that's a name you never hear often I replied .

"I do, everyday "  she said .:classic_unsure:

Look it could have been worse, think yourself lucky that Ford don't own cruise ships or 

you could  have ended up sailing in a ship called  "Ka"  which sounds like a cat getting

up a fur ball  . As one poster has said think positive, as the jailer said to the prisoner 

before he sat in the electric chair :classic_wacko: Unless you intend to sail on the ship the name 

should not matter to you and if you do sail on her , if anyone asks which ship your on 

just point to another ship in port and say you are on that one . :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like it( Latin name- of the seashore)

At the end of the day whatever they call it gives me reassurance that P&O are continuing to look forward to the future after the year they have had.

And I for one look forward to booking a cruise on Arvia.

Edited by poorer
  • Like 4

I’m really ‘not that bovverred’ but I am vaguely interested.  I don’t find the name memorable or terribly appealing.  OH and I have just been chatting & the subject of the new ship just came up.  It took us 4 or 5 stabs to remember the name, accurately.  That must be quite an achievement to invent a 5 letter name, same letter start & end and still reasonably intelligent people (honest!) don’t’ ‘catch’ it.

We’ve settled on remembering “Harvey”.  That’ll do

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve been mulling over the name since the announcement, and I still think it’s just ok, nothing more, nothing less. Boring, colourless. No romance to it at all, and quite a hard edge to it. Feels very flat. 

I think it has about as much charm as Lada, in fact on second thoughts Lada might have been better.

As regards the water treatment company, I wonder what their speciality is, water purification or sewage disposal?

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1