When (if) cruising returns to normal where would you go first?

Loreni

I understand that cruising may never return to normal, but assuming it does, where would you go first:

1) return to your favorite cruise itinerary, or 

2) go to on a bucket list cruise to new places?

I always knew that we had a finite window of opportunity to cruise because health and life are finite.  But now I realize that a pandemic can also close the window of opportunity and another pandemic is always possible.  What if the next window is very short.  Is is better to do what you know you will enjoy or explore a new place.

I'm booked on a Med cruise + TA for Nov. 2021.  Trying to remain hopeful, it will sail.  Transatlantic are my absolute favorite cruise, a few ports and all those sea days.

2022 is Cali Coastal (2), Baltic + TA, then NZ + transpacific.  It's about ports of call for me, 2 weeks minimum.  Seven day cruises have never been a favorite, nor the Caribbean.

when cruising returns in 2021 🥃 we will continue with our little 'long weekend' cruises out of PE

in 2022 - we would consider a 10 day Southern Caribbean, but currently have a 7 day Eastern booked

we wouldn't  'too much mind' limited restrictions on the boat and ports for the long weekend and 7 day - but would much prefer very few restrictions if we go to the time and expense of anything over 7 days that involves a plane trip 🛸

2023 - Alaska cruise tour  8 & 7 land first

2024 - might be time to fly 'across the pond' and do the British Isles if our health is still good as we've heard that itinerary is port intensive with a lot of walking

everything has been pushed back at least a year, maybe 2 ... except our aging  ... getting old(er) sucks

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

100m along the harbour of my home port in Scotland to work on board and shore side with the cruise ships, welcoming passengers and helping them make the most of their day here.   Missing it more than I can explain.

And if allowed a second, re-united with Queen Mary 2 as a passenger.

• Like 2

Mexico, Hawaii, Caribbean in that order.  Mexico 1/22; Hawaii 12/22, Caribbean 2023.  I exhausted my bucket list years ago.  At this point, I am simply happy to cruise out of San Francisco round trip as much as possible.   I have enough air miles to fly round trip to Florida in first class, so eventually will go to the Caribbean, have not been there in years.  

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

when cruising returns in 2021 🥃 we will continue with our little 'long weekend' cruises out of PE

in 2022 - we would consider a 10 day Southern Caribbean, but currently have a 7 day Eastern booked

we wouldn't  'too much mind' limited restrictions on the boat and ports for the long weekend and 7 day - but would much prefer very few restrictions if we go to the time and expense of anything over 7 days that involves a plane trip 🛸

2023 - Alaska cruise tour  8 & 7 land first

2024 - might be time to fly 'across the pond' and do the British Isles if our health is still good as we've heard that itinerary is port intensive with a lot of walking

everything has been pushed back at least a year, maybe 2 ... except our aging  ... getting old(er) sucks

If you decide on the ‘round U.K. be sure to time it so you can go to the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. A wonderful memory.i think the do it in July and August.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

If you decide on the ‘round U.K. be sure to time it so you can go to the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. A wonderful memory.i think the do it in July and August.

I would double check that; I think it is just in August. And the Fringe festival is also in Edinburgh in August (at least it was pre-Covid).