The Daily for Sunday 01/16/2022

richwmn

19 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a rainy and windy day at the beach

I will take it over what some of you are experiencing. Dont have to go anywhere today so Nothing Day is perfect. Hope to see the Komodo dragons later this year. Fingers crossed on that one!

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures.

Black bean brownies sound interesting. May have to give it a try.

We are having a pot roast today. Unusual for us so I am looking forward to it.

Having the Mohs procedure tomorrow on my forehead. I have had it a few times before.  My Doctor is in Orlando and my goal is to get home before the novocaine wears off. LOL. 

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose. She is in a really tough spot right now. Wish I could help in some way.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Praying that your Mohs procedure is just routine. 

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a rainy and windy day at the beach

I will take it over what some of you are experiencing. Dont have to go anywhere today so Nothing Day is perfect. Hope to see the Komodo dragons later this year. Fingers crossed on that one!

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures.

Black bean brownies sound interesting. May have to give it a try.

We are having a pot roast today. Unusual for us so I am looking forward to it.

Having the Mohs procedure tomorrow on my forehead. I have had it a few times before.  My Doctor is in Orlando and my goal is to get home before the novocaine wears off. LOL. 

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose. She is in a really tough spot right now. Wish I could help in some way.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, good luck with the MOHS surgery tomorrow.  Mine is on my forehead too and I've had one other basal cell there in the past.  Have to wait another month.  However I've seen a couple of pink spots on my right cheek that I thought was a very rare pimple or two, but now I'm wondering about them.  I hope they're not new spots to worry about.  Will ask about them next month.  I like to get these things taken care of while small.

• Like 24

42 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@rafinmd How was the BSO last night?  Atlanta Symphony has gone back to live streaming, no audience this month.

Church starts in 15 minutes, so I'll have to touch on radiation later.  Baltimore Symphony is still pretty much on normal operations.  Attendance was off last night which might have been weather related.  Masks are required and we must show proof of vaccination (that normally happens before entering the building but it was moved inside last night due to the cold.  I expect most performances of all types are operating unless there are outbreaks among the performers.  I did have a glitch because I only stayed for the first half and they are apparently changing the way the concert can be streamed.  I'll need to check on that this afternoon.

Roy

• Like 24

@StLouisCruisers   Sandi,    I have had a few , on my face it has always been basal. I heal well so scars are minimal plus I have a great Doctor. The only time I got a scar was when he sent me to a Plastic surgeon. Never again! 

This one was small and the biopsy practically removed it. I called to cancel the surgery because it is hardly seen now. My Doctor called me back and  said it was what you dont see under the surface. He recommended I do it, so I am. It is very important to get these things taken care of when they are small.

I wear a hat, sunglasses and for the last 2 years a mask, but it still got me.

Thanks 

Charlene

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Interesting collection of days, but I’m not sure I can appreciate dragons except for the ones I’ve seen in the New York Museum of Natural History. There is never a nothing day here. It’s 10 degrees here now at 9am and I’ve never seen that number because we usually spend the winter in Florida. We’re getting a nor Easter but no one can tell us if it’s going to be rain or snow.

There is so much going on here with Sam’s aide that I can’t even write about it. His mother is fine as I predicted she would be but he is a drill Sargent who belongs in the army and not taking care of a recovering stroke patient. Yesterday he yelled at Sam for dropping some papers he was painting on and told me if I picked them up for him I was encouraging his bad behavior as though Sam was a child dropping his bottle for the fun of seeing what would happen. I’m calling several different agencies Tuesday because somewhere there has to be someone supportive and caring. I’m told it’s very hard to get good help because they aren’t working . My daughter is coming over today to try to straighten things out.

Stay warm and safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I am so sorry that it has been one bad experience after another. I gave up on agencies and found a private aide through a church group. I was very fortunate to do so as DH was very I’ll and I was still working at the time. Of course, we are living in a different era now with Covid and it would be hard to find anyone these days.I hope your daughter is able to help.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone, 

For a do nothing day it seems there is a lot going on in the Daily!

As I was catching up alarms started going off around me, it seems Broward county is now under a tornado watch until 3pm. I guess I'm going to be staying in today!

image.png.0051af501d7350a7421f0b31e9234a24.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

CC was confounding me this morning - couldn't react and couldn't post.  All in order now.   Today's quote was so true, friends are wonderful.  They know us good and bad.   Tuna casserole looks yummy but doesn't work to well on Atkins.   Zucchini noodles just won't cut it.  The Blaufrankish sounds good.  I think our American Wine Society virtual dinners featured it last year and I enjoyed it out of my tiny repour bottle.    So does that Tequila drink.    I was going to take a photo and then saw it was a two part drink.   I guess it would be good without the shot on the side.   No dragons here.   

Prayers for everyone on Roy's care list and protection for everyone to stay healthy.  🙏🙏 Roy I am glad you were able to make it to the BSO.   Another long day of football - a triple header today.    🏈 Chili from the freezer makes things easy.   

• Like 23

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  I’m taking DD to lunch today. She was upset that we weren’t getting together as a family like I had planned to exchange our Christmas gifts so I thought taking her to lunch might perk her up. This is a picture from a few years ago. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf3570e9dc17c62830cc772c0def2148.jpeg

No new news about my DSIL yet this morning. 

Graham @grapau27 thank you for sharing the sermon. I really enjoyed it. 

Praying for Jacqui and Jose and the pups. @kazu I’m so sorry for everything you are going through. 

Joy & Alan @Seasick Sailor safe travels today!

May God bless all especially those on the Care list. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Google is my friend!😁

https://palm.southbeachdiet.com/recipes/brownies-flourless-black-bean/

Sue said she had to cook them a little longer then recipe called for. We also added the walnuts!

Just a follow up. We used just regular cocoa powder not the protein cocoa in recipe. Now back to our regular scheduled programs!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Good morning everyone, 

For a do nothing day it seems there is a lot going on in the Daily!

As I was catching up alarms started going off around me, it seems Broward county is now under a tornado watch until 3pm. I guess I'm going to be staying in today!

image.png.0051af501d7350a7421f0b31e9234a24.png

Good Morning. Yes, this is what it looked like here this morning. Earlier, we were under aseveral tornado warnings. Cell phone were going off with alarms telling us to seek shelter immediately.

Fortunately, no tornadoes materialized (at least in our area). /we got a lot of much needed rain and a little bit of wind.

• Like 21

Good morning all from a foggy, drizzly morning in the PNW.  37F now, going up to the mid 40's.  NO snow in the forecast so we won't be participating in snow day. 🙂  There was a dragon last night at the Lantern Lights at the zoo, but I didn't get a photo of that creation. Also we stopped by the Komodo Dragons (live) in the zoo, no photos of them either.   @Cruiserclthank you for telling about Peter Yarrow speaking (and singing) at your graduation.  I always loved Peter, Paul and Mary -- and got all their autographs.  It was my very first concert, I was probably only about 12. Great memory.

I will be happy to do nothing today, other than more of my counted cross stitch and light housework.  

The quote is good, as is the meal  and drink.  Will pass on the red wine and haven't been to the port of the day.  

We had a great time last night at Lantern Lights at the zoo, photos to follow.  It was all entry by reservation, masks required even though everything was outdoors, and proof of vaccination.  Very well done. 

Still worrying about DD's kitty.  He has severe pancreatitis and is still at the kitty ER.  They've decided to give it another day or two to let them try to turn him around,  hoping they can.  They won't let him suffer. 

Other family news - our DS and DDIL have been house hunting since moving up from CA a few weeks ago.  The market is nuts here, houses are selling within hours and way over asking price.  They've put in offers on 3 houses, the first 2 went way over asking price the first day.  Keeping fingers crossed on this 3rd one and hoping 3's a charm!

@smitty34877that does sound promising that Tana is complaining about her hair. 🙂  

@mamaofamioh my, I can't believe the bad luck you've had with finding a good aide.  I know we had to put up with some "quirks" with the 2 live-in aides for my Dad, but never, ever, would we have put up with yelling at him.  Good that your daughter is there to help.

Here are some photos from last night.   We were pleased to see that it was all new from last year's Zoo Lights.

butterflies.thumb.jpg.cff7f79dd88356afc7268bab3840255e.jpg

dinosaur.thumb.jpg.28e80025de6d3b6034c91d7e332c46ef.jpg

1388754811_firebreathing.thumb.jpg.17db09e6239ba4936350f405aaad4dae.jpg

peacock.thumb.jpg.8d7a83451c0a92345bc487e4f9c5df26.jpg

1700562551_TerraCottaSoldiers.thumb.jpg.6f2f5f2556588f8011facccc8ecf41b3.jpg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Nasty storms moving through Charlotte county here in SW Florida, tornado warnings until 7:53 AM. Hope all are well wherever you are.

EDIT: Storms that hit us earlier look like they are heading to Ft. Lauderdale and Port Everglades, doesn't bode well for Sail-away festivities.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  I’m taking DD to lunch today. She was upset that we weren’t getting together as a family like I had planned to exchange our Christmas gifts so I thought taking her to lunch might perk her up. This is a picture from a few years ago. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf3570e9dc17c62830cc772c0def2148.jpeg

No new news about my DSIL yet this morning. 

Graham @grapau27 thank you for sharing the sermon. I really enjoyed it. 

Praying for Jacqui and Jose and the pups. @kazu I’m so sorry for everything you are going through. 

Joy & Alan @Seasick Sailor safe travels today!

May God bless all especially those on the Care list. Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Sharon, I'm pleased you enjoyed today's church sermon.

Nice picture from 2 years ago of you and your daughter and I'm sure you will both have a lovely lunch together today.

Hopefully you get good  news about your DSIL later today.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

How appropriate for World Snow day, when we're to be hit with 6"-12" later today. I appreciate dragons from books and will do nothing much today probably (although considering making bread).

True quote.

I am one who never liked hot tuna and don't think I've ever had tuna noodle casserole. The drink and wine sound good. 

I've never been to Morocco.

It's cold, 12F, but it was sunny this AM. Now the clouds are coming in, and then the snow. I moved my snowblowers out of the corner of the garage, although I won't use them until the snow stops tomorrow. I just hope the power stays on.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose, and you; the pups too. Sorry to hear there's a lockdown, and that it might be a while before you can visit Jose.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana. I'm so glad they're letting her son visit, and hope she gets out of ICU soon.

@aliaschief I've made black bean brownies and they're good!

@Seasick Sailor Safe travels home.

@grapau27 Thanks for posting the sermon.

@mamaofami That is awful about the aide yelling at Sam; good luck in finding someone who is more caring.

@cunnorl Wishing you the best with the MOHS procedure tomorrow.

@Cruising-along I hope the kitty's health improves. Great pics from Lantern Lights at the zoo.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone. Prayers for all of us in the path of rain, ice and snow storms.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from mostly sunny Quartzsite.  I guess we won't be celebrating snow day here in the desert.  Surprisingly, we've seen snow in the mountains on the east side of the valley a couple of times.  It didn't last long.

Dragons and their stories have always been interesting to me.  We are supposed to see the Komodo dragons on our 2023 cruise.  Do nothing day happens around here a lot, unless you count a few light chores every once in a while.

Love the Elbert Hubbard quote, and I'm lucky I have a couple of lifelong friends who take me as I am.

The drink, without the shot, sounds like something I would want to try and the same for the wine.  I have all the ingredients to make tuna casserole, but I'm not sure if it will be servd tonight.  We have last night's meatloaf in the refrigerator, plus four packages of last week's pulled pork in the freezer.  Decisions, Decisions!  😉

We have never been to Tangier.  In 2001 before our two week land trip in Spain was shortened to a week before our cruise, we had considered taking a ferry to Tangier for a day.  Hopefully, we'll get there someday.

@kazu  Jacqui, you, Jose, the dogs, the medical team and the vet are all in our thoughts.  Hoping things turn around for all of you soon.  Sorry everything is in lockdown again.  Take care of yourself.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy safe travels for you and Alan.  🤞 Fingers crossed the weather doesn't cause your flight to be cancelled.

@cat shepard  Thank you for remembering the dogs with your memes today.

@aliaschief  The "brownies" looked good and thanks for the recipe and tips.  As a confirmed chocoholic, I'm still a little skeptical about black bean brownies.  But  I'll take your and @JazzyV Vanessa's word that they taste like brownies.

@Grap5 Graham, thanks for the explanations of the various days.

@ger_77  Gerry, liked the meme.

@smitty34877  Terry, very happy they are letting Tana's son in to see her.  Hope she is out of ICU soon.  I agree, complaining about her hair is a good sign of improvement.

@mamaofami  Carol, how horrible the aide yelling at Sam.  Aide's by definition are suppposed to helping and supporting.  Hope you find a good one out there.

@cunnorl  Charlene, good luck tomorrow with the MOHS, and hope they get it all with the first cut.

@Cruising-along  The pictures of the Lantern Lights were spectacular, and I bet they were even better in person.  Hope the vet can help DD's kitty get better.  Fingers crossed that the third time is the charm for DS and DDIL in their house hunt.

@richwmn  Rich, with the snow and today's day, timing is everything.

Hope everyone in the path of this storm keeps their power, and stays safe.  If you absolutely have to go out, please, please be careful.  Don't forget your mask.  Not only will it keep you safe from the virus, it will help keep you face warm.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Greetings all.  We have a nice, mixed-cloud day here in San Diego and I am going to try to do nothing.  I had mentioned that DMIL moved in with us about a week ago, and we are getting used to new routines, so always a chance something will pop up.

I've been reading the Daily rapidly in recent days.  A couple of things that enquiring minds need to know...

@Horizon chaser 1957, your gingerbread manor house is wonderful!  It would be great to hear an update on how your Christmas cake turned out.  We discussed "suet" over the holidays.  Was it good?  Or maybe you are sharing it now with your visiting guests.

And... @Vict0riann, your stamp collection!  You've mentioned so many exotic places you have lived in your lifetime.  Are these stamps that you have collected from all these places and your travels?  Or stamps that you buy because they are the beautiful little works of art that they are?  I and probably others would love to hear about your project.  Personally, I love stamps.  My sister told me to look at one with a magnifying glass, and that was the start of a new relationship.  😊

And now I better get back to doing nothing.  @grapau27, thanks once again for posting the sermon.  You are lucky to have such a fine vicar.

Wishing everyone a bit of joy in this day.  Sending prayers and hugs.

Maxine

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

We have unusual winter weather here; foggy and in the 40sF.  Yesterday it was supposed to clear up in the afternoon, but didn't happen.  Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but our real estate agent has hired a drone photographer to take some pictures this afternoon of property that will be on sale this week.  It is on a hillside facing Puget Sound, so it is important to be able to see the water in the property pictures.

Sunday is actually a work day for us.  Sara does the laundry and I am responsible to vacuum the house and fold the clothes after they are clean.  My job is easier as I have a robot vacuum for the main floor and for the stairs and I have a battery operated one.

• Like 23
  • Haha 3