The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 4th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning! Thank you for the fleet and daily report. The meal and drink look especially yummy. 

2 hours ago, kazu said:

5974734F-8801-438B-9BB4-4BF8456D6713.thumb.jpeg.1a95444f2e2ff18dc863a95e1747a5f3.jpeg

Guilty! 😆

Hugs 🤗 and prayers 🙏  for everyone on the Care list & and woohoo 👏 🎉 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Keep cool or dry as the case may be. 😉

• Like 19

30 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I've needed a new house key for a while, as the one I've got has pretty much been worn out, so DH and I headed over to a hardware store to have a new one cut.  They needed a particular numbered blank, which it turns out they were out of, so I had to get an expensive decorative one.  I was busy looking at other things, so told the fellow to just pick one and cut it, as long as it wasn't camouflage design, I didn't care what he chose.  O M G  did this guy know what he was doing or what?  LOL 

Key.JPG.6caa37d3199b47c70c9c1d2d2b0c73b5.JPG

Love it!  I want one too!

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Good Morning All,

Happy Sunday to everyone!

I’ll be teching at church and making tritip later today.

@ottahand7 Today’s wine is indeed pricy.

Joseph Drouhin 2019 Clos des Mouches, Premier Beaune Premier Cruouge,  France

This pinot noir has a reported price tag of $118. It sounds lovely to me, but I have no fear of falling in love with it as it’s beyond my price range. 

Winemaker Notes

An exceptional wine. Beautiful, deep-red ruby color, with the bright sheen of great Burgundies. Intense and fresh nose for the young wines. Primary notes of red fruit dominate, such as Morello cherry ("griotte", or wild cherry), raspberry, blackberry. There are hints of complexity with smoky flavours evolving towards liquorice. When the wine is maturing, aromas of pepper, tobacco, humus and undergrowth appear. When drinking the wine, the first impression is always clear-cut and the texture fleshy. The body is firm without being rough, well meshed without being heavy. There is great freshness in the younger wines. With age, the wine gets rounder. It takes on "gras" (velvety texture) and a more precise architecture, supported by silky tannins. It is lively and refined at the same time. There remains a final and most pleasing sensation of harmony, fullness and delicate tannins, as the wine lingers on the palate.

James Suckling

A really concentrated but very graceful Beaune 1er Cru. Very subtle nose of red fruit with nice floral notes and discreet spicy oak. Glides over the palate, the fine tannins already beautifully integrated. Very long, silky finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Drink or hold. (95 points)

Wine Enthusiast

Ripe, juicy yellow-plum and pear flavors are calibrated by a fresh mineral undertone in this voluptuous expression of one of Burgundy’s most celebrated vineyards. Matured 12–15 months in 25% new oak, it’s a big, powerful wine adorned in layers of sweet spice, smoke and dill undertones, but held upright by a spine of acidity. The wine needs some time to meld but should drink at peak from 2025 and hold longer still. (95 points)

Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches (Domaine) is very pretty, wafting from the glass with aromas of raspberries, cherries, peonies and orange rind that are more red-fruity and ethereal than I remember from barrel. Medium to full-bodied, satiny and enveloping, it's sumptuous and elegant, with melting tannins, succulent acids and an expansive finish. Readers might think of the 2019 as a slightly richer, riper version of the lovely 2017.

Have a great day everyone!

6BF6E94D-014D-4E07-8DC7-8D89C6E1B5D7.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  

Penny called yesterday, Jesse's surgery went well (they always says that) they cut on both sides, of course the left side was the worst side, and they took out some of the back of his tongue.  He is up and talking, and Penny said the hospital said he may be released later in the day.  That was yesterday though, and since he has tubes sticking out of his neck, I did remind her that releasing him in a house that is full of cats and dogs and fur every where, might be a bit hard on him.  She had to run and hung up, and I have not heard back from her.

Glad to hear the surgery went well 👍 Good advice on the fur, too!

Hopefully all goes well for Jesse 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

O M G  did this guy know what he was doing or what?  LOL 

This makes me wish I didn’t have a keyless entry 😉 LOVE it 🙂 

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA1cNvpxXcL1TAkLXfGp694xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662031307

Her reddish coat is fading to blonde like her birth mother.  Who knew?

Love the tree and Sophie is so sweet ♥️ 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I always tried to bring my manners to work, however, others didn't always do the same.  We are thankful for our newspaper carrier - I think we're the only people on the block who still get an actual hard copy.  Spices are nice when used in proper amounts.

The sun has a weird yellowish look this morning due to smoke coming down from northern forest fires.  I hope they get some rain to help the overworked firefighters.  It's supposed to be hot, hot, HOT here today again with a predicted high of 36C (96F).  We've got all the windows open for now, but in about an hour will be shutting them to keep the house at a reasonable temperature before turning on the a/c.  

I've needed a new house key for a while, as the one I've got has pretty much been worn out, so DH and I headed over to a hardware store to have a new one cut.  They needed a particular numbered blank, which it turns out they were out of, so I had to get an expensive decorative one.  I was busy looking at other things, so told the fellow to just pick one and cut it, as long as it wasn't camouflage design, I didn't care what he chose.  O M G  did this guy know what he was doing or what?  LOL 

I enjoy making frittatas once in a while, but with the heat, I won't be starting the oven today.  I've got chicken breasts thawing that will be crumb coated and turned into chicken fingers in the air fryer (which resides on the deck), so we'll be enjoying them along with crudites and dips in the pergola for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, and for continued strength for the people of Ukraine, and cheers to those with happy things to celebrate.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

Oh my, I want one of those, too! Will have to check my home hardware to see if they carry that blank.

we had a final swim and bbq at our daughter’s in-laws pool. Lovely day yesterday, not so much today and tomorrow. We will probably still have nice days but some repairs need to be done to the pool and the wall of the house where the pool heater and filter sit hence the decision to close this Tuesday.

our garden just keeps pumping out the tomatoes. I have started freezing them in batches for soups and stews. Even giving many away we can’t keep up! Diligent watering by dh is probably the only reason why!

prayers for all that need them. Will celebrate later with those celebrating but it might be non alcoholic. Overdid the gin tonics yesterday, but they were so refreshing.

• Like 20

Good morning all!
Another lovely fall morning here in the PNW.  

Today we'll be going to DD and DSIL's house to check on their kitty and a few other things for them while they're on a 3-day camping trip.  I think I'll also pick up the book "Where the Crawdads Sing" to bring on our cruise next month.  I was going to put it on my Kindle, but I admit I'm really not a Kindle gal and prefer a book to hold.  The movie was very good, and I'm eager to read the book now.  Oh, and besides the $3 movie tickets yesterday, they also were selling large bags of popcorn for $3 and large drinks for $3.  $12, wow.

We should bring our manners everywhere, our son was a newspaper carrier in his early teens, and hurray for spices.  I would try the meal, but pass on the red pricey wine and the drink.  I love rum, but not coconut or pineapple.  Not sure about the quote, and haven't been to the port.

Sharon @Sharon in AZHappy Birthday to your Dear Mom!

Sandi @StLouisCruiserslove your DD's Autumn Tree 🙂 

Gerry @ger_77that's a great house key!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a sunny and pleasant centtral Texas.  I'm doing laundry, but may put it on hold so we can take the convertible out for a ride.

When I worked, I tried to take my manners to work.  Now days, there are some people who need to find their manners, dust them off, and begin using them.  Fortunately, those people do not frequent the Fleet/Daily.  I salute newspaper carrier day, though we no longer get a paper delivered.  Spices are good.

Another interesting qoute today.  We'll pass on the meal and the drink. Pinot Noir is my go to red, but with the price of this one, I'll not be going to it.

We have not been to today's port, and I had to look it up on Google Maps.

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

0904OSDM.thumb.png.c890df33ce9ffeaf4dc1e2f901891250.pngBoth the text and map show Oosterdam to be in Venice instead of Trieste. I wonder what is going on there?

Rich, that's interesting, and I wonder what's going on with the Oosterdam.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I always tried to bring my manners to work, however, others didn't always do the same.  We are thankful for our newspaper carrier - I think we're the only people on the block who still get an actual hard copy.  Spices are nice when used in proper amounts.

The sun has a weird yellowish look this morning due to smoke coming down from northern forest fires.  I hope they get some rain to help the overworked firefighters.  It's supposed to be hot, hot, HOT here today again with a predicted high of 36C (96F).  We've got all the windows open for now, but in about an hour will be shutting them to keep the house at a reasonable temperature before turning on the a/c.  

I enjoy making frittatas once in a while, but with the heat, I won't be starting the oven today.  I've got chicken breasts thawing that will be crumb coated and turned into chicken fingers in the air fryer (which resides on the deck), so we'll be enjoying them along with crudites and dips in the pergola for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, and for continued strength for the people of Ukraine, and cheers to those with happy things to celebrate.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

Gerry, I think a lot of us would like that key blank.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's lists Roy and for our Father David's mention on his holidays.

Having a Royal nice time.😷🤐

G.

Graham, enjoy being treated  Royally.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  

Penny called yesterday, Jesse's surgery went well (they always says that) they cut on both sides, of course the left side was the worst side, and they took out some of the back of his tongue.  He is up and talking, and Penny said the hospital said he may be released later in the day.  That was yesterday though, and since he has tubes sticking out of his neck, I did remind her that releasing him in a house that is full of cats and dogs and fur every where, might be a bit hard on him.  She had to run and hung up, and I have not heard back from her.

I met (over the phone) a bunch of fascinating people yesterday.  I was amazed at how many people during the pandemic and post pandemic had joined an online support team.  How many people added others to their prayer  list, how many people were in the know of about to lose their jobs, and how they were handling it.  The plans of how they were changing their lives.  

I bring my manners to the job, but over the years, my table manners have taken a severe hit.

When it comes to flavoring, I love some spices.  I think it is fun to spice up my life, but remember some spices dont mix well at all.  So when it comes to people, hang with the ones whose spice blends with yours.

258e77ee8f717fedaa362aa940759779.jpg

b90ec2bad53bdb31e90c2cd39158cbfb.jpg

That's good news Jesse's surgery wnt well.  Wishing him a speedy and uneventful recovery.

@Sharon in AZ  Sharon, please wish your lovely mother a very HAPPY 93RD BIRTHDAY from us.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

Every day should be bring your manners to work day. I'll salute newspaper carriers, although our papers have gone mainly digital, and the carriers are adults in cars. And I hear lots of complaints about people not getting their twice a week delivery. I make my own spice blends.

I'll have to think about the quote.

The meal is interesting. I'll take the drink and can't afford the wine.

I haven't been to Mamoudzou, Mayotte (unfamiliar with it).

It's cloudy and warm here. Maybe passing showers later. I had trouble falling asleep last night, then a weird dream, then I was awakened around 3:30 am by thunder. We had an overnight storm. So I'm a little tired. I don't think my new glasses are right, but I'll give them a little longer before going back to complain.

@kazu Great wine memes!

@StLouisCruisers Great tree by DD. And Sadie remains cute!

@grapau27 Have fun!

@marshhawk Good to hear Jesse's surgery is done; it would seem awfully early to release him home given the nature of his surgery. Prayers for him.

@ger_77 That key blank was perfect!  

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Currently sitting on the train to Whittier to board the Niew Amsterdam. Possibly 30% wearing the mandated masks in our car.  

Tried to post this last evening while we were sitting by the outside fire finishing our bottle of wine from dinner 😎, but it did not. 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I did not take these pictures of the Aurora. But wine is the universal ambassador, and a couple who ventured out at midnight to see if they could see them - did! All of us had asked for the wake up call - if they were sighted, but none of us received it. Perhaps because they were not very bright. 

DCF83BE8-AD49-4C4F-866B-649EC8E5E5F4.jpeg.dc569c6e7ddd00044eac49384172a172.jpeg

B1D5C61C-7AF9-4995-81B4-4EDB6CBD0681.jpeg.2f30aee899b914ab812e28eacbec501a.jpeg

Stay well everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Currently sitting on the train to Whittier to board the Niew Amsterdam. Possibly 30% wearing the mandated masks in our car.  

Tried to post this last evening while we were sitting by the outside fire finishing our bottle of wine from dinner 😎, but it did not. 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I did not take these pictures of the Aurora. But wine is the universal ambassador, and a couple who ventured out at midnight to see if they could see them - did! All of us had asked for the wake up call - if they were sighted, but none of us received it. Perhaps because they were not very bright. 

DCF83BE8-AD49-4C4F-866B-649EC8E5E5F4.jpeg.dc569c6e7ddd00044eac49384172a172.jpeg

B1D5C61C-7AF9-4995-81B4-4EDB6CBD0681.jpeg.2f30aee899b914ab812e28eacbec501a.jpeg

Stay well everyone!

Ann I think the pics of the northern lights are excellent!  So nice of the other guests to give them to others who didn't see them.  I know my pictures of northern lights aren't as vivid as these two.   Hope you have other chances to view them during your trip.

• Like 17

We are back in Saint Paul for a few weeks. Spent some time with the SIL in Bessemer, MI (in the UP, near the WI border) on the drive from Peterborough, ON. She took us to a bar in Hurley, WI (Iron Horse Inn) with great burgers at crazy low prices! I think it may become our go-to spot when we visit in the future. We also stopped at Cold Iron Brewery in Ironwood, MI for good craft beers and some "open mike night" entertainment. I had an Iron City Beer (from Pittsburgh) shirt on, but nobody caught the "irony".

We will have one more trip to the "cottage" in October to enjoy the fall colors and do some muskie fishing.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

We were lucky to see the aurora last night and the phenomenon called Steve.   Discovered and named by a friends son and NASA.   It was like a giant spotlight. Plus one of the best shooting stars.   Thankfully the smoke had cleared. Jasper national park has a large tire.  

A6443E54-BFBC-475C-B718-95D78037DAC1.jpeg

06B7B065-7129-4788-B5D8-F18615532E3A.jpeg

7125F534-7841-4A87-9BAF-3193803FFDE8.jpeg

C2A208D5-5551-407E-9D87-21347DD4FDD1.jpeg

377C959F-5C9B-43ED-967B-572DCF48867A.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I spent the morning working in the yard.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.  We will roast a chicken and have some fresh corn that was on sale yesterday.  The afternoon may require a quick nap, Mona had me up early.  I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

image.png.d40fbb81e76c050ab728936a046435bc.png

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We were lucky to see the aurora last night and the phenomenon called Steve.   Discovered and named by a friends son and NASA.   It was like a giant spotlight. Plus one of the best shooting stars.   Thankfully the smoke had cleared. Jasper national park has a large tire.  

A6443E54-BFBC-475C-B718-95D78037DAC1.jpeg

06B7B065-7129-4788-B5D8-F18615532E3A.jpeg

7125F534-7841-4A87-9BAF-3193803FFDE8.jpeg

C2A208D5-5551-407E-9D87-21347DD4FDD1.jpeg

377C959F-5C9B-43ED-967B-572DCF48867A.jpeg

Fantastic pictures!  Thanks so much.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. 

Asking for prayers for Allen. While at the VA Friday he suffered a TIA. After a critical care doctor checked him over we were sent to the Texas University Seton ER downtown Austin by ambulance for lots tests, MRI, bloodwork. Spent the night, released yesterday afternoon. Need additional tests on Tuesday here at our clinic. Echocardiogram and additional tests. He has had 2 serious strokes over the past 9 years so we need to be extra vigilant. Thanks for prayers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 21

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

Asking for prayers for Allen. While at the VA Friday he suffered a TIA. After a critical care doctor checked him over we were sent to the Texas University Seton ER downtown Austin by ambulance for lots tests, MRI, bloodwork. Spent the night, released yesterday afternoon. Need additional tests on Tuesday here at our clinic. Echocardiogram and additional tests. He has had 2 serious strokes over the past 9 years so we need to be extra vigilant. Thanks for prayers.

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear about Allen's troubles!  I guess it's a good thing he was at the VA when it happened but still...     Prayers for Allen, and you, that there is no damage done and further tests help them see what may be causing this.🙏❤️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

Prayers for Allen. Probably a good thing he was at the VA when it happened. I hope the tests can help so that any further issues can be prevented.

@bennybear Great pictures of the aurora, "Steve" and the shooting stars.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. 

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

After yesterday's difficulties I had a plan b in case I could not get a sunrise.  Not great but a lot better than yesterday.  This is from the school office building in my neighborhood and the sun while not just rising came brightly through the tree cover:

oclsdawn904a.JPG.9bd66fba28a61a7dbb802ac680722b69.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3