The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 26th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Beautician's Day, Forgiveness Day, and National Canoe Day

You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts.--Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

Meal Suggestion for today - Spicy Cumin Lamb Skewers
Drink of the Day - Planters Punch
Wine of the Day - Fromm Syrah Marlborough Fromm Vineyard 2019
Destination of the Day - Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines

Today in History:
1857 The first 62 recipients are awarded the Victoria Cross for valour in the Crimean war by Queen Victoria

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Reykjavik, Iceland 07:00 - 17:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 6-27

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Santorini Island, Thira, Greece eta 6-27

Rotterdam

Oslo, Norway 08:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 6-27

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 09:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Reykjavik, Iceland

0626Alaska.thumb.png.b3a04a1bc07c8efcda7016b8146ce460.png

0626Atlantic.thumb.png.1fbdd99a491d982e66f7156cb76f2f91.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Happy Monday!  Thanks for the Report.

Warm and raining here.  Bertie and I will go for a walk soon, he doesn't mind getting wet.

A big thank you to beauticians.  It's important to forgive, but it's hard for me sometimes.   Canoes are wonderful.

Not sure I agree with the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'm sure the drink and wine are tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

• Like 25

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH’s surgery today 

Luvteaching’s DH in hospital with UTI, sepsis, kidney issues

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Vict0riann’s chronic headache

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck (catmando) with a cancer recurrence

StLouisCruiser’s DB with a fall

Aliaschief  and Kochleffel with a fall

Seasick Sailor’s DH with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdancer with C. Diff infection

Marshhawk with elbow inflammation

Two PA State Troopers shot - 1 deceased, 1 in serious condition

Loss of crew and passengers in the Titan submersible 

Canadian wildfires, tornado victims, Ventana Fire 

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Ottahand7 toe injury

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday mamaofami (Carol)!

Kochleffel’s new fur babies

Nickelpenny on a driving tour with a friend

Dfish enjoying having River with her for a week

Catmando’s (marshhawk’s DH) DM Norma released from the hospital

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Cruising/At Sea:

3 days for Oceansaway17 (Liberty of the Seas June 29 to July 8)

aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 16

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is 66°F and sunny here at 11.45am in North East England.

Forgiveness is taught to us Christians and unless someone has seriously wronged you it is best not to hold grudges.

I have never been in a Canoe but the infamous Canoe man lived about 25 miles from us in Seaton Carew Hartlepool overlooking the beach.

Interesting quote.

Nice meal today.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on our care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Screenshot_20230626_114845.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Planters Punch cocktail:

Ingredients
3 ounces dark rum
1 ounce simple syrup
3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon grenadine
3 dashes Angostura bitters
1 splash club soda
Garnish: mint sprig
Steps
Add the dark rum, simple syrup, lime juice, grenadine and bitters into a shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
Top with a splash of soda water, and garnish with a mint sprig.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 6.47.27 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good afternoon from Ronne, Denmark.  Today we have decided to make our own Sea Day.  A day of rest.  We will be in this port again and this is an opportunity to recoup.  We have a few days in a row after this that are quite busy so we seized this opportunity.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report and to Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for your dedication to this thread.

Prayers today especially for @smitty34877 DH as he undergoes surgery.

Also for @luvteaching for DH and your family as you go through this very difficult time

Prayers are also in order for @Vict0riann’s DH, @marshhawk’s DH and @Seasick Sailor’s DH.  I hope things improve for all.

Prayers for all who need them.

Cheers for those celebrating.  

I am posting now because most are off the ship and the bandwidth is decent.  It will get worse as the tours return.

We will skip the meal and drinks and deal with the menus on the ship.

Interesting quote.  Not sure I agree.

Have not been to the port.

As for the days.  National Beautician’s Day.  What would we do without them!?!

Forgiveness.  I am of the mind that while forgiveness is difficult when one is hurt, it puts those that are hurt at peace rather than the offender.  It doesn’t mean you have to forget.

I stay away from canoes.  

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Hats off to beauticians, most of whom have today off.  I enjoy canoeing at this time of year.  Forgiving can be difficult but rewarding.  Not sure about the quote.  The meal and drink suggestions sound great to me.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list including @luvteaching for strength at this difficult time.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events today! 🍾

• Like 25

Good morning friends!  It is 69F and sunny now, but will rise to 89 with a 22% chance of rain today.  Like Annie @marshhawk mentioned last evening, a huge thunderstorm came blowing in down here after drenching Atlanta.  It was around 7 to 8 pm we had the thunderstorms and then it continued raining for another hour or so.  I wish we could send a little to some of you who are in need of it.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  I enjoy seeing which days that those in charge of such things create for us to think about.  Beauticians for example.  Nowadays I call mine a hair stylist.  You really miss your stylist when you aren't able to utilize them, such as during the early Covid restrictions.  Thankfully my state lifted restrictions early for barbers/stylists.  Forgiveness is a good thing, and some find it difficult to do.  And I have nothing against canoes but I don't think I've ever been in one.  A kayak yes, in Alaska.  Not sure what to say about the quote.  A nice fact from 1857 in the day in history section this morning.  Good for Queen Victoria!

I'm going to pass on the spicy menu suggestion today.  The wine is a Syrah today and I will pass on it as well. 🍷 Thanks Dixie @summer slope for our drink today.  Thanks also go to Debbie @dfish and Ann @cat shepard for their reports later on.  We appreciate you!

Prayers aplenty for our Daily family and our loved ones.  I know I made special mention of Terry's DH Lou @smitty34877, Joy's DH Allen @Seasick Sailor, Ann's DH Pat @Vict0riann, Annie's @marshhawk DH Chuck @catmando, and Karen's DH @luvteaching.  I was happy to read this morning that he is still hanging in there.  I pray for strength for Karen as she copes with running back and forth to the hospital to support her beloved husband.  Praying for Lou's surgeons, and the entire family as they await word on him later.  Paul @kochleffel I'm sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are feeling okay today.  You've got those new kitties to concentrate on now.  Also hoping Bruce @aliaschief is feeling better today after that fall on the stairs.  🙏 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your quick and thorough reporting on the lists.👍

On the brighter side, three cheers for our Celebration list folks.  Happy Birthday Carol @mamaofami!!  I hope you have a great day! 🥂 I hope our sailors are having a grand time!🚢

Our port today is Puerto Princesa in the Philippines (Palawan Island).  We saw it here twice on Feb. 12, 2022 and again on Sept. 13, 2022.  I haven't visited the Philippines before but I'm sure I'd enjoy it because the people there are so friendly.  Here are the links for your convenience, and I hope some of you will post some for our enjoyment.

I hope all have a good day today!  Nothing on the agenda here but I may need a nap later on.  I felt tired upon waking for exercise this morning.  So happy we have a dark nap room.😴💤

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all those who contributed.

Let’s see if I can cover all basis for today days.

I will splash on my Canoe Cologne if I must forgive my beautician for having a bad hair day; at least I smell good! 😀

• Like 16
  • Haha 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today's report.   It's another humid day so the ac is going. This week is 10 hour work days so I can have Friday off.  Today's meal suggestion sounds interesting,  sometimes I like lamb and others not so much. 

@mamaofami happy birthday. 

Wishing everyone a nice Monday. 

20230626_072438.thumb.jpg.66920588adce9c58ecca7f3847b1823e.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! It is another spectacular morning here. Yesterday was gorgeous. It was hot, but strangely very little humidity. I loved it! And I even got some decent pool time in. 

Thank you, for keeping track of us, Vanessa! @smitty34877, Terry - Lou, you, your entire clan and Lou’s medical team are in my prayers. May the surgery be successful & Lou’s recovery be quick. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores & pool time 🤞🏻 will fill my day. 

IMG_1428.jpeg.87b055b38070a99d81485d2c8f89a893.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg.ff6adc7fa1487e4c3d7d7d7107f64410.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Enjoy your special day, Carol - @mamaofami may you have a great new year!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Fromm Syrah Marlborough Fromm Vineyard 2019

If you want to enjoy the 2019 vintage, you may have to live or visit New Zealand, Australia or Hong Kong. But oddly enough, the 2020 is available worldwide for $28.24 + shipping. It might need a bit more aging though. 

Cameron Douglas’ review - 95

Pure, ripe and varietal with distinctive floral and mineral scents, black cherry and dark raspberry. These ideas are mirrored on the palate with surrounded by a firm textue of fruit then some wood tannins, youthful acid topline and complexity from baking spices and lees and earthy mineral qualities. Delicious, fresh, very new still and will continue to age and develop if you can be patient. Lengthy complex finish with best drinking from late 2024 through 2030+. Outstanding

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Happy Birthday Carol, @mamaofami.  Special prayers for @smitty34877 and @luvteaching today, plus many others facing difficulties.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  My we had a lot of brave warriors back in 1857.  Not sure if barbers are included with beauticians but I've had a great one for about 50 years.  I've had some nice canoe trips but not for MANY years.  I try to forgive as much as possible as it really benefits the forgiver more than the forgiven but is beneficial to both.  Not at all sure about the Gilbran quote.  I have not been to the Philippines.  The lamb sounds nice if we can keep the spice to a minimum.  I do not have an alternative today.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days - especially forgiveness day.  We all need to find it in our hearts to forgive those that have hurt us.  It does so much good.  Most of us need our Beauticians and grateful for their skill.

I like most of Gibran’s quotes from the Prophet but I’m not sure about this particular one.  Not sure about the meal - I’ll wait for Debbie on it.

IMG_3845.jpeg.9a5eb68d2d4ac88af7cf42b09d9ab55f.jpeg

Carol @mamaofami a very happy birthday to you!

IMG_9957.gif.a19aa9a75119c6f68655b1af53221a6b.gif

Raining here - that will be the weather report for the next week from the sounds of things.  My plants will soak it up but the weeds that I’m fighting will be happy too 😔

IMG_3846.jpeg.d95552901bb1acc096793de2c8298a3b.jpeg

Maybe I will attempt to weed in the rain?  And if not, there’s always my spread sheets, housework and endless sorting to do.

Special prayers for @luvteaching & @smitty34877 along with prayers for those on the Care list & all those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3844.thumb.jpeg.b0d85308d3750f2581198522b4d6763c.jpeg

Have a good Monday everyone.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Good morning, everyone!

More rain is in the forecast for today, but we need it, so that is ok.   We are going to Frankenmuth to Bronner's Christmas store today.  We'll visit the downtown shops and have dinner at the Bavarian Inn.  Shopping is always good for a rainy day.  

Today's meal reminds me of spiedies, a Binghamton, New York specialty.  The seasoning is different in spiedies, but they are lamb cubes marinated for a couple days and then done on the grill on skewers.  This first recipe is easy and you can adjust the spice.  This is a nice way to enjoy some Beijing street food here at home.  https://www.seriouseats.com/spicy-lamb-skewers-chinese-street-food-recipe

lambskewers1.jpg.6a42ebe03d66497528511aae2c5c0869.jpg

This next one is even easier.   https://omnivorescookbook.com/xinjiang-lamb-skewers/

lambskewers2.thumb.jpg.2ce6ac332fdc2b7a44f104220a320e58.jpg

One more look at the lamb skewers.   https://rasamalaysia.com/cumin-lamb-recipe/

lambskewers3.thumb.jpg.f7aca38f1624f7464eec5c8239727879.jpg

@mamaofami  Carol, wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.c88c3840c9646e877ba5112d43e93d37.jpeg

We will be keeping @smitty34877 and Lou in our thoughts and prayers today.   May all go well in surgery.  

Also holding @luvteaching Karen and her family close, as well as @Seasick Sailor, Joy and Allen, and @Vict0riann Pat and Ann.   Hoping that @catmando and @marshhawk get a good treatment plan for Chuck.  @kochleffel, take it easy, please!  No more falls.  Please take care, everyone!   We do not want any more injuries or illnesses. 

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good morning,

it is a rough time for many of the guys associated with this wonderful thread. My prayers  are with you all and your families as well. I hate to add my woes but I broke the baby toe on my other foot in the middle of the night Saturday. Luckily I am a pro at this and I taped it up and went back to bed. 

Happy birthday Carol and to those I missed this weekend. I hope your celebrations were fun. 

I need to work on forgiveness a bit. I still am unhappy with my sister who left on a month long vacation after my son died and missed everything. Looking back I realized our relationship was not a healthy one and need to decide how much to let it affect me. 

I will hold those in need in my prayers today. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

it is a rough time for many of the guys associated with this wonderful thread. My prayers  are with you all and your families as well. I hate to add my woes but I broke the baby toe on my other foot in the middle of the night Saturday. Luckily I am a pro at this and I taped it up and went back to bed. 

Happy birthday Carol and to those I missed this weekend. I hope your celebrations were fun. 

I need to work on forgiveness a bit. I still am unhappy with my sister who left on a month long vacation after my son died and missed everything. Looking back I realized our relationship was not a healthy one and need to decide how much to let it affect me. 

I will hold those in need in my prayers today. 

I'm sorry to hear about your toe break @cruising sister

It was unforgivably selfish of your sister not being there for you after your son died.

Unfortunately we can pick our friends but not our family and I'm sure most of us have at least 1 selfish, jealous and disgusting family member but also lovely family too.

• Like 17

Good Morning to All!

My beautician who cringes each time I come in and say "Please cut off all the curls", is wonderful!!  The hardest was forgiving myself and I loved being in a canoe!  Quote - hmmmm.  I love food so...

Thoughts for the many on the care list.  So many 😢

My sojourn across the country and back has come to an end.  I arrived back in Tucson last night and my friend will leave this morning to drive up north to see her son.  I am going to calculate how far I drove but it was approximately 6000 miles with a cruise breaking up the drive.  I think my car has bugs from every part of the country!!  I had the best time.  Now it is back to reality!!

Happy Birthday @mamaofami

Have a great day everyone!!

Edited by Nickelpenny
addition
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you for keeping the Daily going Rich.

I do not like the quote today.

I do not know anyone I need to forgive.

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami.

Thank you for keeping Allen in your prayers. @smitty34877 sending prayers to the whole family this morning. Lou is in my thoughts. @luvteaching prayers lifted for you and family. And everyone on the growing prayer list.

image.png.cf4dbc983807f6e049179e39b04fc5c7.png

I seriously need my beautician. She is still recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I whack at my bangs every week. I may have to go elsewhere til she heals.

image.png.6aae143b6898759d7640266a2182a9f6.png

image.png.2aad6ee7682293be410c605f9714ea29.png

Wishing you a wonderful, HEALTHY, peaceful week.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3