The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 8th, 2024

kazu

Hello to everyone!

Watched the eclipse from our deck, the temperature dropped very rapidly then total darkness.  It was all very cool and over very quickly.  Our little pup was totally disinterested, lol.

Thanks to all who participate in this thread, a great place to visit.🙂

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jodi58 said:

Hello to everyone!

Watched the eclipse from our deck, the temperature dropped very rapidly then total darkness.  It was all very cool and over very quickly.  Our little pup was totally disinterested, lol.

Thanks to all who participate in this thread, a great place to visit.🙂

Thank you.  I think one of our Baltimore reporters went to Montreal to watch the eclipse and it sounds like he might have gotten quite a view.   I also have some cousins about 30 km south of Montreal.

Roy

• Like 14

The US Army Corps of Engineers has announced a plan to restore some more ship traffic at Baltimore by the end of the month. The plan is to open a 35-foot by 280-foot channel, which would accommodate roll-on/roll-off and container-on-barge traffic, but not "boxships" (intermodal container ships), and only one ship would be able to use it at a time. It's deep enough for RC Vision of the Seas and the Carnival Pride, but if traffic is limited, they may not get any priority.

The temporary access lanes already opened are only 11 and 14 feet deep.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

59 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you.  I think one of our Baltimore reporters went to Montreal to watch the eclipse and it sounds like he might have gotten quite a view.   I also have some cousins about 30 km south of Montreal.

Roy

Yes it was quite amazing, glad we could experience it.   I assume your cousins are in the townships, lovely part of the province.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

We only got a partial eclipse. 
IMG_8684.thumb.jpeg.7de1b32638a5d60e39858ec33c0fb5b6.jpeg

That's a nice picture, though; better than any I was able to get.

My friend's sister took this in her backyard w/her camera and a telescope.IMG_1478.jpg.046aaa96051f00fcbe8f07f9c2cf681c.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

@Haljo1935, amazing picture from your friend's sister. One more picture, taken before totality:

image.thumb.jpeg.14639e919638ffc74062cbd003568ad4.jpeg

Very nice! None of mine had any colors but it was still great to witness.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

At last i have a chance to post on this thread.

As always a big thank you to @kazu for the Fleet report and daily, and to Roy for the maps.

@JazzyV  What a surprise to see our Anniversary mentioned, you must keep very good records of  the dailyite members, so thank you. 

Thanks for your kind messages, @JazzyV, @ottahand7, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @Heartgrove, @marshhawk, @cunnorl @StLouisCruisers, @Haljo1935, @rafinmd, @ger_77, @dfish, @puppycanducruise, @quilty964, @cat shepard, @kazu, @Seasick Sailor, @Cruzin Terri @Denise T @luvteaching, @Cruising-along, @Nickelpenny, @Sharon in AZ@smitty34877 @bennybear, and @RMLincoln.

@bennybear  yes, our anniversary was yesterday our time.

@RMLincoln  gosh, 10 years since that Volendam cruise, many changes in both of our lives since we met.!!

@luvteaching pleased that your son could spend time with you, sending hugs.

@StLouisCruisersHappy Birthday to you and your twin sister.

Thank you to those dailyites who have shared their  photos of the Eclipse.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, jodi58 said:

Yes it was quite amazing, glad we could experience it.   I assume your cousins are in the townships, lovely part of the province.

Not sure if you've heard of Howick or Huntingdon, but south of the Mercier Bridge.

Roy

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Birthday Sandi @StLouisCruisers!!  🎈🎈🎈

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

At last i have a chance to post on this thread.

As always a big thank you to @kazu for the Fleet report and daily, and to Roy for the maps.

@JazzyV  What a surprise to see our Anniversary mentioned, you must keep very good records of  the dailyite members, so thank you. 

Thanks for your kind messages, @JazzyV, @ottahand7, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @Heartgrove, @marshhawk, @cunnorl @StLouisCruisers, @Haljo1935, @rafinmd, @ger_77, @dfish, @puppycanducruise, @quilty964, @cat shepard, @kazu, @Seasick Sailor, @Cruzin Terri @Denise T @luvteaching, @Cruising-along, @Nickelpenny, @Sharon in AZ@smitty34877 @bennybear, and @RMLincoln.

@bennybear  yes, our anniversary was yesterday our time.

@RMLincoln  gosh, 10 years since that Volendam cruise, many changes in both of our lives since we met.!!

@luvteaching pleased that your son could spend time with you, sending hugs.

@StLouisCruisersHappy Birthday to you and your twin sister.

Thank you to those dailyites who have shared their  photos of the Eclipse.

Thank you Sharon @Sharon in AZ and @erewhon!  It was quite the day for both of us.  🙂

• Like 4