Crown & Anchor Points For Canceled Cruises

Hello! Just read Norwegian is allowing guests to keep their loyalty points for cruise line initiated cancellations. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean is allowing guests to keep their Crown & Anchor points for canceled cruises like Norwegian as well?

https://cruiseradio.net/the-unexpected-perk-norwegian-is-giving-cancelled-cruisers/

Thanks!

Edited by uday23

8 minutes ago, uday23 said:

Hello! Just read Norwegian is allowing guests to keep their loyalty points for cruise line initiated cancellations. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean is allowing guests to keep their Crown & Anchor points for canceled cruises like Norwegian as well?

https://cruiseradio.net/the-unexpected-perk-norwegian-is-giving-cancelled-cruisers/

Thanks!

No, they are not. 

• Like 1

You'll notice that nowhere in the CRUISERADIO post that they actually reference NCL policy.  They're just seeing what a lot of us have: points may be posted to your account for a cancelled cruise and (just like refunds) it takes a while for the cruise line's IT department to catch back up and pull them back.

I won't believe this until a cruise line says it's their new policy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

You'll notice that nowhere in the CRUISERADIO post that they actually reference NCL policy.  They're just seeing what a lot of us have: points may be posted to your account for a cancelled cruise and (just like refunds) it takes a while for the cruise line's IT department to catch back up and pull them back.

I won't believe this until a cruise line says it's their new policy.

Having just read the story at uday's link, I agree with mk-ultra.

• Like 4

Not all loyalty programs are equal.  It's easy for some loyalty programs to give away points because the cost to the company is low.  Royal arguably has the best loyalty program in the business but comes at a higher cost to the company.  It costs Royal more to give away points.  

That could be NCL's strategy.  Make a move that doesn't cost them much but puts pressure on a competitor that will cost them more to follow suit.  

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

How about simple good will to build customer loyalty which is rapidly diminishing!

The guest at last Wednesday's online TA coffee chat with Vicki Freed was Michael Goldner, VP of Revenue Management, who indicated that future bookings in 2021 are ahead of historical volumes.  He also stated that the large majority of future bookings were new initial bookings and not bookings with FCC's or Lift & Shifts.  He indicated that there are a lot of FCC's out there - enough to fill all 4 Oasis class ships for a year.  Based on the booking volumes it doesn't appear that cruisers are staying away from Royal.  It looks like the loyalty is still there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

The guest at last Wednesday's online TA coffee chat with Vicki Freed was Michael Goldner, VP of Revenue Management, who indicated that future bookings in 2021 are ahead of historical volumes.  He also stated that the large majority of future bookings were new initial bookings and not bookings with FCC's or Lift & Shifts.  He indicated that there are a lot of FCC's out there - enough to fill all 4 Oasis class ships for a year.  Based on the booking volumes it doesn't appear that cruisers are staying away from Royal.  It looks like the loyalty is still there.

Wouldn't it be in RCI's best financial interest to say this....true or not?????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

No real surprise. Between rebookings and pent up demand...they'll be fine as predicted months ago.

42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I heard that D+ are not “kicked out” of the CL’s on cancelled cruises. No lounge crowds either. 😇

M8

But, I have found that the chair hogs still exist.    There's been a problem getting my favorite seat in the Lounge (Family Room 🙂 )

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, L454S said:

Wouldn't it be in RCI's best financial interest to say this....true or not?????

Yes, of course.  It's not only about maintaining a positive (If unrealistic) corporate spin, it's also about the stock price.  On a personal level, RCCL's execs have millions at stake in the price of the stock.  Right now, there's significant downward pressure on it so you have to keep it afloat with glowing predictions.

• Like 1

Other than delaying our getting to pinnacle by about a year, extra points really do us little good. I'd be happier if they put a new break in at 525 between D+ and Pinnacle, at least that would be of some value to us.

54 minutes ago, CanobieFan said:

Haha, I'd be getting some 13 'free' C&A points if they actually did.... So after my 2021 sailing I'd be Diamond! I don't see it actually happening....but I can dream, right?

I got you beat. I had two liberty 7 days booked solo get cancelled. 14 x 2 = 28 pts.

That would be great, I'd have booked even more to get cancelled if you got loyalty pts.

11 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal arguably has the best loyalty program in the business but comes at a higher cost to the company. 

10 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

Based on the booking volumes it doesn't appear that cruisers are staying away from Royal.

it had been my experience that Royal Caribbean International has the most and are the most loyal customers. 

1 hour ago, CanobieFan said:

Haha, I'd be getting some 13 'free' C&A points if they actually did.

While I would enjoy the points, If they would I would be getting 21 'free' points 😉

That would be a generous offer from RCI but I would not expect it for, really, why "should" they. 

Have the best Loyalty program(s) with good Loyal People.

Maybe NCL needs the help?

5 minutes ago, balkor2 said:

Maybe NCL needs the help?

If what I read by some posted here on CC is true, NCL was in the most precarious position going into the shutdown.  

Edited by Tree_skier