Passenger list

Hmmmm... How close to these relatives or friends can you be if you don't know that they will be on a cruise with you?  I don't need or want my name advertised. You can connect with any long lost relatives through social media or genetic testing like 23andMe or Ancestry.  

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was the victim of internet identity theft.The FBI agent handling my case said to never go on Facebook or any similiar site and never put a photo on line.He also said to never post my last name or where I live.

I guess the FBI agent is too young to remember the Yellow Pages Phone directory. I also remember the pay phone booths that Clark Kent stepped into change into his Superman uniform.  

No thanks! I don't mind posting our first names and locale on roll calls though. While we've not "found" friends/relatives on our cruises via the roll call, we have found new friends that way!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

No thanks! I don't mind posting our first names and locale on roll calls though. While we've not "found" friends/relatives on our cruises via the roll call, we have found new friends that way!

I will give my first name on a roll call. I will will not disclose my cabin number. That is information that strangers do not need to know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess the FBI agent is too young to remember the Yellow Pages Phone directory. I also remember the pay phone booths that Clark Kent stepped into change into his Superman uniform.  

My name has never been in the Yellow Pages.

I found an old Yellow Pages, looks like you may be listed.

Lenquixote66, Alan         867-5309

Lenquixote66, Bob          867-5308

Lenquixote66, Bonnie    867-5302

Lenquixote66, Dave C.   867-5307

Lenquixote66, Tony        867-5301

• Like 2

I called RCCL earlier.

They did say they are most likely going to start doing this again as soon as cruising gets started.

But might take about 8 months to get it underway so don't expect it right away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Our main concern with burglary is that our house is NOT empty.  While my husband and I may be traveling, our 20-something daughters and an elderly parent are still at home.  We have used my husband's office address rather than our home address on our luggage tags for this reason.  I also relate to the comment about unusual last names being easily googled.  People who have more common last names may not realize that this can be a privacy/security problem.  I always cringe when a well-meaning roll call coordinator asks for last names and cabin numbers.  I don't want to appear unfriendly but people should keep in mind that these are public forums.  If you have an unusual name all it takes is one google search.

On 5/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, juncos said:

We think they should bring back a list of all passengers in the ship to all ..

Like they did in the past Put it in the cruise compass for all to see. W e could have a relative in the ship.

If someone dont want it say no to be  in list say no..We could have a cousin a niece  ..

It will be nice to know that someone we know is the cruise.

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

Naw... besides, if you have a cousin or a niece on the same cruise you should aleady know about it. 

I still have my passengers lists from Grandeur, Entchantment ( Maiden Voyage) and Vision- those took place 1996/97 and 1998. After that they no longer provided them.

I found it rather nice, but in our day and age and with all the Social Media options I don´t think they ever will come back. The whole world got a little dose of paranoya. By the way they just posted Names and the City - no street - no phone number etc.

I hear the people cry about data saving and protection on the other hand they post everything - however trivial - on facebook or Insta or whatever- sometimes it seem everytime they have to use the privy - they deem that worth to post... ! LOL.

As for meeting relativs on board- HEAVEN FORBID- I would go into hiding at once. LOL.

• Like 3

When I sailed on Crystal Cruises in 2013, they still had the passenger list at that time.

During the online check-in process, guests could click "agree" or "decline" to put their names on the list. They could also choose how your name is shown / abbreviated on the list. It was not necessary to be the full first name and last name.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, juncos said:

We think they should bring back a list of all passengers in the ship to all ..

Like they did in the past Put it in the cruise compass for all to see. W e could have a relative in the ship.

If someone dont want it say no to be  in list say no..We could have a cousin a niece  ..

It will be nice to know that someone we know is the cruise.

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

I'm probably with the majority and would take a pass at this. I will say that when we were cruising with friends a couple of years ago we pulled into Nassau. As we were disembarking the Carnival ship across the pier was also disembarking. Our friend looked up and shouted...his cousin and his family were disembarking from the other ship. Neither family knew that the other was cruising for the week and they had a mini (and brief) family reunion on the pier in Nassau.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:12 AM, zebra36 said:

Years ago 40+ in gentler times these would have been much smaller and the likelihood of them being used for nefarious purposes was practically nonexistent.

The likelihood of them being used for nefarious purposes NOW is practically nonexistent.  I mean really, worried that your house is going to be robbed because your name is listed on a cruise?  So someone would pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to get this "list".  Then contact someone in your hometown who uses google to find your house.  Then they still need to figure out if someone is staying there.  Then HOPE you have something worth stealing.  

And this is assuming home towns are even listed.  

On the other hand, recognizing a family member or friend based on their name (possibly hometown) on a list would also be extremely rare.