Princess Login Issues

beg3yrs

This is nuts.  I use a log of website applications for my job.  When I get locked out, they can unlock me and I can sign in with no problems without having to change my password.  Princess should be able to do the same thing.

And I've had zero issues in accessing the Medallion app on my phone, but I still can't login.  Also in chat right now with someone.....  I don't foresee this going well.

8 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

I know that I will be getting a new phone prior to my next cruise so I don't want to bother putting the app on my current phone.  Can you put the app on a desktop PC?  

No.  Smartphone apps don't go on PC's (running Windows operating system I presume).  If you have a tablet or other device that has Android operating system, you can add app.  

IDK about Apple things as I only eat apples and do not compute with them.  LOL.

• Like 2

Unable to use the Medallion App on my iPhone 11.  I can see my bookings but I cannot select any item, and have it load anything other than a blank white page, or the occasional error code.  I was talking to my travel agent earlier today, and I was telling her how buggy the "magic" Medallion app was, and how utterly inoperable it is for me.  She was surprised to hear this, especially since Princess is pushing everyone to use the app.  

As for the Princess website, not able to properly log in there, but can get to my bookings with some fiddling around via the booked guests/manage booking links.  I know everyone may have flooded the site to check out new recent booking releases, but sheesh! this is getting ridiculous.   

• Like 1

I was able to log in to my account yesterday and again today (it worked on every browser I tried). I logged in using the password for the medallion app (i had a different one on the app vs the website). I did not have to reset the password, just logged in using the password I had for the medallion app and it works now (I had tried this last week but it did not work then). All my info is there.

I then downloaded the medallion app to my husband's phone and registered him on the app using the same credentials he uses for his Princess account on the website. And it worked. He can now log in to his account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who may want to "play" while we wait for things to return to normal.

I tried to log in on my PC (as I have been doing along with the rest of you) I got the message to change password. I have not changed my Password, thank you. I did nothing. I went up to the home button and got left at the sign in screen. Then I tried future cruise credits and got a line of code at the top of the empty screen (last name equals Davis, first name, etc.  So I went back to home. Then I tried the same thing and got a Welcome Donald (after first having seen a Welcome Undefined).

Anyhow, after that, the website seemed to have picked up my name and history from that line of code that I saw early-on.  After a bit, the top, after calling me welcome Donald and Welcome undefined, just went to referring to me as Welcome.    I appear to have been able to sign off ok.  I did the same routine with my wife, and was eventually able to see all our stuff.  So, in my cases, when the site says you are locked out, you may not actually be. 

Step aside, Celebrity website - there's a new player in town!

• Thanks 1

Just had a very nice "chat" with Milarmie at Princess.com.  Here is what she/he told me.

But, I can assure you that our IT team is working their best to fix the issue.

I totally understand, Renee. We want to let (you) know that the management is aware regarding the bulk of guests impacted with this issue and working their very best to have it resolved.

This is due to the updates on Medallion and updates of having a single sign on for both Myprincess & Medallion app.

This is the comment I added to the end of the survey.

Milarmie was very calm.  I appreciate that she/he was the one that answered my chat.  But, nothing new was provided regarding the log in issue that Princess has had for weeks.  Please place a disclaimer on the log in page so people will stop "checking" hourly/daily.  It is very frustrating.  It is a simple way to placate the public.  Otherwise, "we" continue to try and get more frustrated each time.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Definitely not the only one- no matter which browser, as soon as that little "You may now log in to MyPrincess and the Medallion app using one password" message... I suddenly couldn't log in to either! I have Medallion on my phone, husband does not, so that's not the issue since I can't log either one of us in at either place. Logging into the app with his name appears to have held in the app, but I'm afraid to log out now and attempt my own. Cannot log either one of us in on my laptop. I can access my booking under "booked passenger" but that's the only way. Very frustrating! 

Friday morning we had no issue logging on to the website.  Saturday, Sunday and Monday we received the password notifications.  I'm glad I had noticed this thread to assure me that it wasn't user error! This morning, no problem.

Our next cruise (July 2022) will be our first Medallion cruise.  I really don't want to set it up now after seeing all the current issues and because we are a family group of 8 and I don't want the other members of the group to get aggravated trying to do so.  We'll wait.

14 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

I was able to log in to my account yesterday and again today (it worked on every browser I tried). I logged in using the password for the medallion app (i had a different one on the app vs the website). I did not have to reset the password, just logged in using the password I had for the medallion app and it works now (I had tried this last week but it did not work then). All my info is there.

I then downloaded the medallion app to my husband's phone and registered him on the app using the same credentials he uses for his Princess account on the website. And it worked. He can now log in to his account.

Yup! Finally thought this through this morning and this idea worked! Apparently I had different login passwords for both “Ocean Medallion” and Princess! To this point I could only login on the Medallion app. Frustrating. My regular password on the Princess website wouldn’t work and I was “locked out” or had a blank screen ...whatever ....for over a week. 

BUT!!!  This morning when I used by “Ocean Medallion” login info and password on the Princess website....IT WORKED!! So I guess I will now use the “Ocean Medallion” password for both of them and forget about my old Princess website password. Easily done! And if my husband should ever choose to put the Ocean Medallion app on his phone I’ll know to choose his regular Princess login info including that password so he won’t have a similar issue. 

Hurrah! 

• Like 1

It looks like most of the issues here relate to the Princess web site.  I am able to log into that and complete the Cruise Personalizer for myself and DW.  Everything on the web site is working fine including making purchases for additional services.  In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass app on two different devices (iPad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It looks like most of the issues here relate to the Princess web site.  I am able to log into that and complete the Cruise Personalizer for myself and DW.  Everything on the web site is working fine including making purchases for additional services.  In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass app on two different devices (iPad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

The MedallionClass app is entirely new and hasn't been used on any cruises yet.  Since you said that you used it on prior cruises, I'm thinking that you may be opening the old app?  My old app crashed too and I've since deleted it from my devices.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The MedallionClass app is entirely new and hasn't been used on any cruises yet.  Since you said that you used it on prior cruises, I'm thinking that you may be opening the old app?  My old app crashed too and I've since deleted it from my devices.

But if that's the case, how does one get "Ocean Ready" to get the medallions mailed to your home?  Princess is already booking cruises for July now.

Just now, Daniel A said:

But if that's the case, how does one get "Ocean Ready" to get the medallions mailed to your home?  Princess is already booking cruises for July now.

By downloading the new app called "MedallionClass".  It's available for Apple and Android devices and has been for a couple weeks now.  It isn't fully functioning but has come a long way since I first downloaded it.  Lots of new features, and it does carry over your passport info and pictures from the old app.

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

By downloading the new app called "MedallionClass".  It's available for Apple and Android devices and has been for a couple weeks now.  It isn't fully functioning but has come a long way since I first downloaded it.  Lots of new features, and it does carry over your passport info and pictures from the old app.

When I mentioned Ocean Ready, I didn't mean the old "Ocean Ready App" that's the term Princess is using as part of the booking process through the MedallionClass App.  I deleted and downloaded the MedallionClass App from Google Store but MedallionClass just keeps crashing and closing even before I can try to sign in.  Very frustrating.

Medallion Class App used to show my photo when I opened it, but nothing shows now.

Edited by Daniel A

Just now, Daniel A said:

When I mentioned Ocean Ready, I didn't mean the old "Ocean Ready App" that's the term Princess is using as part of the booking process through the MedallionClass App.  I deleted and downloaded the MedallionClass App from Google Store but MedallionClass just keeps crashing and closing even before I can try to sign in.  Very frustrating.

Oh OK.  Was confused when you said you used it on prior cruises!  Mine is doing everything except allowing me to select an arrival or departure group.  It's on my iPhone and the other problems I had experienced along the way were slowly fixed without me doing anything.  It's clear that they are still working on it and perhaps the Android fixes are lagging those for Apple?

Downloaded the Medallion app a few days ago. I'm able to enter my email id and password, click on the arrow icon and nothing happens - no error message. When I ask it to do a reset for the password, it does not send me an email. On the laptop it does send an email but the password does not work when trying to log in.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

are both the old app and the new app both called MedallionClass with the same icon ? - when I went on my wife's mini ipad and clicked on the app labeled MedallionClass ( already there ) was that the old app ?

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

are both the old app and the new app both called MedallionClass with the same icon ? - when I went on my wife's mini ipad and clicked on the app labeled MedallionClass ( already there ) was that the old app ?

From the cruise we were in with you Sky Dec 2019 I have OceanCompass app. I did not use mine or set it up for that cruise. Yesterday I downloaded the MedallionClass app, but my password doesn’t work and it won’t accept my birthday. 

I am leaving it and let Princess get this sorted out. Whenever... 

• Thanks 1

Well I clicked on my MedallionClass app just now and it WORKS. Used booking number to get in. Accepted my date of birth and all my account information is there.  So now I will try website. The app is on my iPhone. Still cannot log into Princess website on iPhone. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1