Anyone still booking cruises, or have we all given up?

After five cruise cancellations between May 2020 - Nov 2021, I've decided to hold off booking anything else until there is a clearer picture of what the cruising future will look like.  I'm sure many have had more cancellations than me. Is anyone still making reservations?

I was lucky to go on a cruise in late Feb of '20.  Normally, I book another one right away.  However, we were in the process of buying a new cabin, and selling our old one.  Then, DH got furloughed.  So, we held off on booking till things were resolved.  Then, we said "we won't book until things are more normal, and we don't have to wear a mask while lounging in a lounger".  However, now that we are approaching the time of year we normally cruise, or plan a different type of vacation, I realized that I need to plan something, or go nuts.  So, I convinced DH to let me book for next year.  I know it might not sail, but at least I have something fun to plan 🙂

• Like 2

We have booked up to March 2022...but have stopped there.  Pretty sure our Aug 2021 won't happen so will see what will happen in terms lift & shift if it's extended (but we may be limited as it's 5 night Bermuda and on a specific amped ship).  We need to see when cruising starts up before booking more.  Also for us, although we have specific weeks we travel (march break, end up summer), 2022 is an unknown year for us as our daughter has a special birthday which typically is a large event (i.e. so $ so not sure we would have cruised summer anyways).  However, the downside of waiting is that cruises may be extra $$$ when they start up due to all the FCCs and the companies trying to catch up with missed revenue.

I booked an Arctic Circle for July 26, 2022 with RCI Jewel when the bookings opened recently...I think I got a great deal on my OS and looking forward to this amazing itinerary.

All the other cruises I have booked were booked long ago or L/S to 2022.

The only two 2021's I have I'm waiting for them to be canceled...July 30th & Oct 14th.

We've just had 2 more cancelled with this latest round of cancellations, some of them were rescheduled from last year, tried to call RCI this morning to move one from April to September but gave up after being on hold for a while, want to speak to them as it has a deposit and and FCC against it so want to move it all without paying another deposit.

We were fortunate to have cruised in Feb 2020 before the shutdown.  But we have moved on and don't plan on cruising anytime soon.  When COVID is over and IF cruising returns to the pre-COVID normal we will look forward to boarding a ship again.   

Just booked 25 Oct 2021 Brilliance to Grand Cayman and Coz.  also have Anthem on the books for 31 Jan 22.  Have a nice sized FCC that will pay both, so my loan to RCI stays the same as it was.  If either / both don't go we'll see what options open up.  

I'm very much still booking.  I'm booked through till Feb 2022. I have a hold on a July 22 one but I can't convince the wife the do an international flight anymore so that one will likely not be booked.  That being said,  I'm looking for an option for Summer/Fall 2022 and then also March 2023 when Royal finally releases those schedules.  I'll probably slide in a Dec 2022 in there as well.

• Like 1

Sigh....Royal just cancelled our April 25, 2021 sailing, Ovation, Singapore to Tokyo.

This was first of a B2B.  Royal will probably cancel the next one as well...May 7, 2021, Ovation, Tokyo to Seattle...another sigh.

We have way too many FCC's...so we continue to book.

It is great that the expiry date for FCC's has been slightly extended...still wishing Royal would allow us to please stack FCC's.🙄

I havent booked anything and wont until everything is back to normal with no restrictions .

2022 will be the earliest i would suspect . 

I am waiting it out as i dont want to chase anyone for refunds .

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’m pretty much overloaded with Lift & Shifts. No place to book anything else. 

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Same here.  I got a bit carried away with the L and S'ing

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Me 3. 

I just got a amazing deal for april 25th cancelled and no room to lift and shift. Full up.

Same here.  We wound up with some amazing deals.

We booked this week and chose the Arctic Circle in July of 2022 also.  We had a cancelled Fjord cruise in August of 2020 and we assume that our Fjord cruise scheduled for June of 2021 won't happen either. I am 1/2 Norwegian and determined to do this route one of these days!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Sigh....Royal just cancelled our April 25, 2021 sailing, Ovation, Singapore to Tokyo.

This was first of a B2B.  Royal will probably cancel the next one as well...May 7, 2021, Ovation, Tokyo to Seattle...another sigh.

We have way too many FCC's...so we continue to book.

It is great that the expiry date for FCC's has been slightly extended...still wishing Royal would allow us to please stack FCC's.🙄

We were booked on the same cruise.  Lifted and shifted to the Spectrum for Christmas 2021 9 day.  Just made Emerald after our last cruise.  With double points and booking on a suite  we will hit diamond in one cruise.  Crazy.  Hopefully won’t be cancelled.