The Daily for Sunday 05/01/2022

richwmn

Just now, JAM37 said:

I've been trying to get on the sit for almost four hours. It kept saying the site was unavailable. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sounds like the CC Gremlins are active this morning!

• Like 12

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

I have also experienced problems this morning.  It seems to be on the HAL forum as I was able to access the CC travel site to search for cruises on all cruise lines.

- Jack

• Like 18

Good morning from central Texas.  The weather is going to be the same -- cloudy and windy.

Everything on CC was working when I looked about three hours ago, and I was able to like the posts.  When I came back a few minutes ago they were still there until my tablet refreshed; then, all my likes disappeared along with the posts between @dfish Debbie's and @StLouisCruisers Sandi's about the like buttons not working.  I saw and liked all the posts that were there three hours ago.

I'll celebrate all the days.  I like the quote.  We'll pass on the drink and the meal, but might like to try the wine.

We have not been to today's port.

@smitty34877  Terry, that's very nice of your DS to get a cleaning service for you.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I glad you are both feeling better, and I hope your appetite returns soon.

@ger_77  Gerry, congratulations on getting your booster.

@NextOne  I'm glad you are ejoying your time in Europe, and enjoy your river cruise.

Now it's time for yard work.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, All.

We're heading out here this morning for church and errands, but real quickly...

@Vict0riann, I posted on the October Panama Canal roll call about this, but you might not see it there.  We are thinking about this cruise as a shorter alternative to Canada/New England that we wanted to do.  But on roll call you mentioned looking for a Caribbean cruise to do back-to-back.   There is one now.  I think it used to be a five-day charter.  I guess the charter canceled, because now it's a five-day bookable cruise with lots of cabins available.

I'll check back in later today.  Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.

A salute to today's days and the extended list. Sweet quote.

Love the Mexican Wedding cakes for dessert, with coffee! I'll pass on the drink, but take the wine.

I haven't been to Japan.

It's a dark and stormy day here. Lots going on in town too. The Marathon, local university graduation (I hope it's indoors) and a Pirates game. I'll be staying indoors. I got the lawn mowed yesterday and some strawberry plants in, so the water should do them good.

@kazu You and Jose remain in my thoughts and prayers.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon. Your garden is lovely.

@Cruzin Terri Good to hear that you're feeling stronger. 

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I knew something was wrong when I logged onto CC at 7:30 am Pacific time and the Daily was still on the first page! Usually by then it's well into the 2nd or 3rd page.   Then I  read the comments about problems and decided to just wait rather than post and have it disappear.  I wonder what was going on?

We'll get up to the low 60's again today so I'll be outside most of the day.  Tomorrow will be an early morning, the A/C guys will be here by 8:00.  

Prayers for all, and big cheers for all on the celebrations list!

• Like 19

My post ran away.I will summarize  as well:

DS and family went home Saturday  but before they left DS  engaged a cleaning  service  for me.He could see how much work is involved with Tana now.

My family always offered  this before but know I am very picky about how cleaning   is  done......I was very happy to try this for once

Also Ptayers remain foremost for Jose and Jacqui today

Terry

• Like 23

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the May Day Daily, Rich.  I wonder if @aliaschief  or DW is wearing a Lei today.    Loyalty is important.  I love the quote and have been to a number of Japanese ports but not Omaezaki,    The meal sounds like a nice treat but not really a meal.  My alternative is Apple Pear, and Cucumber Sald, Surf & Turf (just turf for me) and Almond and Orange Cake as served on MS Nieuw Statendam May Day 3 years ago:

dishes0501.jpg

When I brought up the photo I was mystified by the yellow stuff but it's truffle polenta.

Today’s care list:

Jose’s final days
RIP Sgt. Bishop Evans

JazzyV and 1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Lady Hudson SIL moved to less appropriate facility
Cruzin Terri  post covid fatigue
1Angelcat’s church closing
From the rotation:
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk offline until 5/10
Ukraine

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome back rsldonk
Volendam housing refugees
8 BHB with guests
summer slope with DD and DGS
Dismomx5 in Cairo  meeting new toddler and baby
Aliaschief and DW in Hawaii
A good outing for Sam
NextOne on River Cruise
Promising new Neurologist for 1Angelcat
Family time for smitty34877
Welcome home Norseh2o
Horizon Chaser 1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/4),   Cruzin Terri (Nautica  to 5 /5), oceansaway17 (Symphony OTS to 5/7). rsldonk (Eurodam to 5/7), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8), and leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy! Not at 6:30 AM but we will be celebrating Lei Day starting at a Sunday Brunch.😁

Thanks for the list!

• Like 20

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Each day I present this thread with a group of 3 things to celebrate. These are chosen from two online lists that I found a long time ago. Many days it is difficult to chose which 3 out of many suggestions. Some times others will mention one of the other days to recognize.

Today I present a longer list, mostly to show what is suggested for today, but also because several of the suggestions have ties to particular posters on this thread.

Couple Appreciation Day
Executive Coaching Day
Frequent Flyer Day
Global Love Day
International Bereaved Mother's Day
International Permaculture Day
International Workers' Day
Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 Day
Lemonade Day
Loyalty Day
May Day for Mutts
Mother Goose Day
Motorcycle Mass and Blessing of the Bikes Day
National Chocolate Parfait Day
National Purebread Dog Day
New Homeowners Day
School Principals' Day
Silver Star Service Banner Day
Therapeutic Massage Awareness Day
World Laughter Day
Worthy Wage Day

Rich

Thank you,  Rich, for  listing all the days to choose from  You do a great job narrowing them down to just 3.  Appreciate all your dedication to providing us all the ship's locations and news for the day.

• Like 19

My mother called them Russian Tea Cakes. Dinner tonight will be salmon, boiled golden potato, green beans because I don't have much else--I need to go to the supermarket.

I had no post-vacc symptoms yesterday, and the only really difficult parts were singing--we sing almost everything and I'm a very ordinary singer, plus there is no written music, so the congregation had to accept whatever melodies I could remember--and standing in one place for 2.5 hours. Oh, and dealing with the technology, as it's both in-person and on Zoom, with all the texts on the screen. That meant less choice about which prayer texts to use, because it was necessary to go with those that were in the slide deck. Probably doing it again next weekend, which I'd rather not since I will be wanting to reduce public contact in preparation for the Greek islands cruise.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Aloha! Lot of frustrations posted today. Time for a deep breath!😁 Every web site has it’s moments. We arrived and finally got settled in. We had some rain yesterday and looks like we have a good chance of it all week. Hard to tell on these islands as it can be pouring in one area and sunny all day on another. We tend to be pretty dry here on South Shore of Kauai. Our resort is directly on Poipu Beach. Up on the Napali Coast it’s one of the wettest places on earth.

We we’re so busy getting settled in I’m not sure what the resort has planned for Lei Day. It’s a big event and celebration over here.

Time to finish my coffee and check out the beach for Monk Seals and turtles. Little late in the season for whale sightings but we occasionally have seen some at this time on past visits.

Aloha and Mahalo for the Daily Report and contributions.

• Like 24

Rabbit, rabbit,  rabbit!   Good morning and thanks all.   Enjoyed your explanation about the days Rich, so many, who knew?  
I will celebrate Lei day,  the Hawaiian tradition is very dear to me after forty years of visiting.  One of the most lovely gifts I have received was a handmade Ti leaf tiara,  made by an islander and our son.  They made leis from the local leaves for all our family that we still have.  
image.thumb.jpeg.dc2a45fae825466b85caf2d3306e4b82.jpeg

• Like 21

Mine disappeared also.   Prayers for all on Roy's care list, the remaining soldiers in Maiupol and Jose' and Jacqui. 

Never have been to Japan.   Looked forward to the photos.  I shared this one of Huelva, Spain.  Konigsdam September 2018.      We didn't go ashore after 3 shore excusions and long walks in Leixos, Lisbon and A Coruna.    

Huelva 92318.jpg

• Like 18

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

There is no pretending, Jace said with absolute clarity. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.--Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

Another perfect quote for me today and I will love Jose until the day I die.

I want to thank Roy @rafinmdfor doing the Bon Voyage thread for me today.  I think he was a mind reader 😉 

And,  I want to thank you all for your very kind thoughts yesterday.  I am incapable of multi quoting right now or naming you all so I hope you will accept my thanks.  I read them all this morning before I was packing up for the hospital.  I was going to post from there as I planned to be at the palliative care unit for a long time.

And then the phone rang - the hospital.

A call early in the morning or late at night is never a good thing.  Sadly, Jose passed away this morning 💔 

I didn’t want to post here until I could reach people as I know some read the Daily even if they don’t post.  I probably missed some people and if I did, please forgive me.

I pray Jose has the embrace of God now.  He certainly deserves it.  He was angel for many years to so many others.  

thank you for your prayers and caring.  Our battle is now lost.  💔 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 43

Jacqui, we carry your sorrow in our hearts alongside our love for you and Jose.  Jose is at peace now and he will no longer suffer.  Dying is often harder for those left behind than for the person who passes on.   At the darkest hours remember you have a family here that shares your pain and embraces you when you hurt.  

• Like 24