The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 30th, 2024

kazu

6 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Only needed one pass. Just waiting for doc to close it up.

Great news, Paul.  Hope it heals quickly.

Thanks Bruce @aliaschief  and your fellow passenger for the photos!  Looks great!

Debbie @dfish after all this talk of chocolate croissants, I'm suddenly craving one.  Time for lunch!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from beautiful Miami.  It is 63 F and very sunny.  

Thank you to Jacqui and Roy for the Daily and Fleet Report and the Maps.

Thank you to Vanessa for keeping up with our comings and goings as well as our ills and celebrations.   I hope you get to feel better soon.

Thank you to those filling in while the F&B regulars are cruising.  @kochleffel and @superoma.  Thank you to @cat shepard for the wine report.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope your shoulder pain improves.

@smitty34877 Terry, I hope Tana is doing better today.

@kochleffel Paul, I hope your MOHS surgery is successful.

@RMLincoln Maureen,  Glad DH got a good report from the Eye doctor.

I like croissants.   I would not be able to draw a dinosaur.  We are in the process of escaping on a cruise.

I like the quote.

We will skip the F& B for today.

We have not been to the destination.

DH is doing okay today.  However, I am having some GI problems. I need to get this under control before tomorrow.   Our plan for today is to go to Total Wine to get our supply for our cruise, however my need for proximity to a bathroom may thwart that plan.  I was up for practically the whole night and feel weak.  For breakfast I had only toast and tea and it went right through me.  Need to get this resolved quickly.  I am exhausted.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

PS.  Here is a photo of the Miami Port.  The MSC Miraviglia and the Norwegian Pearl are in Port today. They are also getting ready for a boat show and that is all the walkways and tents that you see.

IMG_3342.jpeg

Good morning, for gut problems which I am well acquainted with Try Align ,worked pretty well for me. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like croissants, can't draw, and would like an escape to somewhere where the sun is shining. Excellent quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Airlie Beach. It's a good thing Jefferson had those books.

Another cloudy day, but dry at least. We'll make it into the low 40's F. Sleep was about 3 hours. I had to go for an appointment this AM. Luckily the part of the parkway called the bathtub had not flooded due to pumps installed, so I didn't have to detour. The rivers are starting to recede. I'm having a quick late breakfast, and then I have PT this afternoon. And just to complete my day, I woke up with a flare in my right eye, so sunglasses are on and I'm putting in drops hourly. But it's been 4 months since the last flare, the longest I've ever gone, so the RA injection (which is supposed to help both things) may finally be doing something after 2 years.

@summer slope Bon Voyage Dixie & George!

@Sharon in AZ Bon Voyage Sharon & Craig!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Bon Voyage Lenda & Steve!

@dfish Bon Voyage Debbie & Sue!

@StLouisCruisers I hope your shoulder continues to improve. Have you tried putting heat on it?

@MISTER 67 Oh no on DW's trip and fall, requiring stitches. Good going on your golf score.

@Nickelpenny Sorry there's so many hoops to jump through to get the issue treated.

@kazu Thanks for our start. Good luck with Ivan's injection today.

@Denise T You're doing great with your diabetes control.

@1ANGELCAT Good news about Steve, even though it will be a long haul.

@kochleffel Great that they got everything the first time!

@smitty34877 I hope something can be done to lessen Tana's shortness of breath and make her more comfortable. And prayers that she doesn't get any respiratory bug. Prayers for you too, as you navigate this all.

@ger_77 That's very kind of you to take soup to your neighbor and help with household tasks. 

@Seasick Sailor I did that once on a Thanksgiving day many years ago, and it bled a lot. It healed, but I still have a strange sensation in the finger pad from a damaged nerve. Prayers for Ron.

@marshhawk Awww. Thanks. Nice photos from the  Island of Antiquity.

@RMLincoln The NJ eye doctor sounds like he was on the ball, which is wonderful news. Prayers for continued healing for DH.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you get your stomach settled down soon; been there, done that, and it's no fun. Might it be related to medication?  You've been given good advice about food and fluids.

@luvteaching Your dinner on Sunday sounds like it was a hit!

@aliaschief Thanks for the Pitcairn photos.

@HAL Sailer I was touched by your post yesterday. I was so glad we could lift you up a bit by our Birthday wishes.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Thank you, all, for the wonderful non voyage wishes.  It will be spectacular!

@RedneckBob flattery will get you everywhere!  Thank you!

You bet we’re a crew and everyone will know it by the time we disembark!  

We’ll celebrate croissants tomorrow at breakfast with a couple of the chocolate ones along with our eggs Benedict.  So, so, so excited!

On your return from your cruise I expect an invite to dinner!

Best regards sailing,  RNB

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, dfish said:

We are onboard!  Met Sharon in the terminal, Dixie is on her way, and Lenda is downtown close by. The Dailyites will ride tonight!

Sounds amazing.

Looking forward to the photos.

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

• Like 11

Good afternoon, if anyone has access to the BBC app , right now they are showing the Up Helly Aa fire festival live from Lerwick Shetland . They are about to set the replica Viking ship on fire.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

The current theory, at least around here, is to ice things that hurt - not heat.  Heat causes swelling which causes more pressure on whatever is hurting....ice does the opposite or so says our Physical Therapist & it makes sense.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon, if anyone has access to the BBC app , right now they are showing the Up Helly Aa fire festival live from Lerwick Shetland . They are about to set the replica Viking ship on fire.

I went to BBC on my laptop and linked to this live shot from there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-scotland-68085215?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

hope that works!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I'll be able to have the sutures removed a week from Friday, at the office nearest me--the surgery was 55 miles away. The doctor mentioned that my nose may be very swollen for a couple of days, not from the surgery itself, but from the lidocaine.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I'll be able to have the sutures removed a week from Friday, at the office nearest me--the surgery was 55 miles away. The doctor mentioned that my nose may be very swollen for a couple of days, not from the surgery itself, but from the lidocaine.

Did they give you a black eye?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I went to BBC on my laptop and linked to this live shot from there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-scotland-68085215?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

hope that works!

Thank you 🙂 

9 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Great news on your surgery and that your suture removal can be done much closer 👍 

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Did they give you a black eye?

Not so far, and it's closer to the tip of the nose than to the eyes.

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thank you 🙂 

Great news on your surgery and that your suture removal can be done much closer 👍 

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

The local office is where I had the biopsy last month, but it's not equipped for Mohs procedures and probably wouldn't have the volume.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow!  I thought the rules were that your luggage had to be on the plane with you?  Unless of course the baggage handlers mess up and it follows you on a later flight.  I've never heard of sending the luggage on ahead!!

Sandi, when we flew from FLL to Dallas to Austin a few weeks ago, our bags made an earlier flight and our luggage was cordoned off and had to show our luggage tags to pick them up. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi friends! Well, I made the decision over the weekend to cancel the B2B cruises in June for Norway on the Rotterdam - still looking at replacing the HVAC system this Spring, plus the work with my ladies group will be very busy then. Best that I cancel.

BUT I booked the 15-day Rotterdam TA in October as a replacement -- I need a BHB in my future! And I'm very curious to check out the Rotterdam.

Edi

• Like 21

I learned something today about about eating grapefruit and taking certain drugs.  I take a statin drug and fexofenadine so I googled it to see if I had something to worry about.  Looks like if I eat half a grapefruit more than three hours before or after I take the drug, no problem.  The adverse effects were studied by drinking a quart of grapefruit juice.

Was hoping to see some pictures or description of Airlie Beach today.  We will be stopping there on 24 February and it is one port in Australia that we have missed so far.

Ray

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed a delicious croissant with a cup of tea in Horizons on Oceania’s Regatta. this morning, 31 January in Wellington, New Zealand. We watched the NCL Spirit come alongside before leaving the ship for a bus ride into Lambton Quay. Cool and cloudy 64f today, expecting a high of 73. A good day for a walk. 
Thanks to the daily posters for updates, news, recipes and pictures. 

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, when we flew from FLL to Dallas to Austin a few weeks ago, our bags made an earlier flight and our luggage was cordoned off and had to show our luggage tags to pick them up. 

I've learned something today so won't be surprised if the luggage arrives before I do next domestic flight.

Speaking of flights, my DDIL went to Ann Arbor for a few days to have a girls weekend up in snowy northern Michigan.  They celebrated all the girlfriends' January birthdays and it looked like a great time.  But when she tried flying back to Dallas Sunday night her flight kept getting delayed, bit by bit.  It eventually left at 12:30 am Monday instead of 5:30 pm Sunday, but she gave up halfway through the delays and rebooked for 5 am. Monday.  Went home to sleep and turned up for her flight at 5 am next morning.  But the thing that made my mouth drop is she said it took 3 tries to land in Dallas due to other planes on the runway.  She said the air traffic controllers were having a tough time, which to me is an understatement!  Yikes!

So I went to flightaware.com to search for Monday's early morning flight from Detroit to Dallas, AA #1108.  That was pretty scary.  You can see where they turned around twice and went back to try again.  But look at the altitude down to ground level and then the sharp rise in speed as they shot back up to 5000 feet!  I'd need a stiff drink after that!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

So glad everyone made it to Dallas safely.  😥

2 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I learned something today about about eating grapefruit and taking certain drugs.  I take a statin drug and fexofenadine so I googled it to see if I had something to worry about.  Looks like if I eat half a grapefruit more than three hours before or after I take the drug, no problem.  The adverse effects were studied by drinking a quart of grapefruit juice.

Was hoping to see some pictures or description of Airlie Beach today.  We will be stopping there on 24 February and it is one port in Australia that we have missed so far.

Ray

Ray, next time we have Airlie Beach as port of the day you be sure and post your photos here for us!  We'd like to see it too!

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Enjoyed a delicious croissant with a cup of tea in Horizons on Oceania’s Regatta. this morning, 31 January in Wellington, New Zealand. We watched the NCL Spirit come alongside before leaving the ship for a bus ride into Lambton Quay. Cool and cloudy 64f today, expecting a high of 73. A good day for a walk. 
Thanks to the daily posters for updates, news, recipes and pictures. 

How did I miss noticing that you were at sea?

Roy

• Like 7

Bon voyage to all our Dailyites heading to Hawaii!  🍾🛳️. I wish you a wonderful time! 

Today started really early here as we had a 8:15 shore excursion and we got back at 2:30.  We had cooked, drank wine and ate almost the whole time. Not moving too fast when we came back. 

Prayers for everyone in our group needing them especially @smitty34877 and Tana.    This morning's view and this evening.  Rotterdam in port with us today. 

IMG_20240130_062152708_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240130_183333575.jpg

IMG_20240130_185611342.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good  day and thanks all! 
@smitty34877 sending extra good wishes for Tana!  
@StLouisCruisers I’ll add my thoughts as I’ve had a lot of issues.   I find gentle yoga very helpful and gentle stretching using a doorway.   Hope you feel better soon.  
@kazu sending hugs and bubble wrap!   Enough already! 

Aloha and Bon voyage,  @dfish @Sharon in AZ@summer slope@Quartzsite Cruiser

A few photos to whet your appetite  from the botanical and cactus gardens at the old airport,  a nice place to walk.  

You  may even meet a local

image.thumb.jpeg.83a2322e710ee7195f8a97be007dfc5e.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon from a cool San Diego.  We missed the worst of the lines, and did not have too much trouble getting checked in  The ship is full, and getting any elevator to go to our muster station was horrible.  We dropped our luggage off before noon and still don't have it.  

We met Debbie @dfish and Sue at the Mariners reception.  We will meet the rest at 7 in the Ocean Bar.

The trip here was uneventful with great weather.

I read part of The Daily very early this morning, and will finish reading it in a bit.  Not sure how often I'll be posting.

@kochleffel  Paul, I'm glad the MOHS was successful.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1