Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I will be heading to LBI later this morning to see the Play "Steel Pier" at the Surflight Theater, in  @Sunshine3601  Debbie's neck of the woods.  I'm hoping the smoke won't be too bad there;  our grandson was in Atlantic City on a class trip yesterday, and he said the smoke wasn't as bad there as it was at home, due to being near the Ocean.  We shall see!

Enjoy! It makes sense that the ocean breezes might disperse the haze more than the inland areas.    And while I can't speak for the Jersey shore, things are looking better in my area (about 45-60 minutes North of NYC).  Today, the AQI  (Air Quality Index) is down to 169 which is still considered "Unhealthy" but significantly better than yesterday 325 which is considered "Hazardous". There was another monitoring station near me that had a reading of 403 yesterday but is now down to 166.

And while the skies are still a bit hazy, its more of a typical ordinary summertime haze. No weird orange glow and can actually see some clear sky.  Looks like I'll be doing yard work after all.

Many thanks to @Coralc and @akcruz for the links they've provided. I now know more about AQI than I ever cared to know. 😅

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

In route to Chicago now then on to Anchorage.  Luggage appears to have made it with us as well so that’s nice 🙂 

Pre flight Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA tasted especially good at 10am to kick off pre cruise tradition.  Cheers 🍻 Mark

IMG_0058.thumb.png.5f09f30e3d5a46c577ff1f7199a4ee1c.png

Have a fabulous time!   We were on our Alaskan cruise 5 years ago this week (and next).  The memories keep popping up on my phone.  It's an amazing place!  Enjoy and safe travels.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We got to 700 C&A points in November. Today FedEx delivered a plain black envelope with our Pinnacle pins. 

LOL

On the World Cruise webinar Tuesday they were talking about how they were having the Pins made up in advance for all the cruisers attaining Pinnacle status on board so they would not have to wait a month for their package to arrive.  The person that said that obviously is out of touch with reality.

• Haha 9

50 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Have a fabulous time!   We were on our Alaskan cruise 5 years ago this week (and next).  The memories keep popping up on my phone.  It's an amazing place!  Enjoy and safe travels.

Us too!  6/8/2018 - just looked at a shutterfly book before leaving and realized it the same week but 5 years later.  Was it on Explorer? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Us too!  6/8/2018 - just looked at a shutterfly book before leaving and realized it the same week but 5 years later.  Was it on Explorer? 

We were on Radiance.  Did the land portion first out of Fairbanks then sailed out of Seward.  Ended the cruise in Vancouver.   I would love to go again sometime.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

We were on Radiance.  Did the land portion first out of Fairbanks then sailed out of Seward.  Ended the cruise in Vancouver.   I would love to go again sometime.  

We did Radiance in 2018 too with a cruisetour out of Fairbanks before the cruise.  We did 4B and then the cruise from Seward, 5/25/18 thru 6/5/18.  We did Quantum to Alaska in May 2022.  We will definitely be doing Alaska again.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, helen haywood said:

In the case of my two cousins, I didn’t think of it as selfish.  They were so sunk in a deep dark place…from which they saw no escape…that suicide seemed their only way out.  If you are in unbearable pain, it makes sense (to them) to try to end it.  What is needed is drugs and therapy to help them find another solution.

@helen haywood  So very sad. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of helplessness which leads a human being to take his own life.

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to all your grandkids.  It was so nice you were able to be there. 

+ 1  @Luckynana Maryann. I bet you're bursting with well deserved pride 😘

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am not certain that I am happy, or should be concerned that our return flight ....

is they now have our flight stopping in Chicago.  

I feel for you, Mark. @h20skibum

It is beyond frustrating that it is happening so often now... I've began to dread the emails which start with: "important information regarding your flight"....

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

He is doing well .

@NHProud Judy, great news about Steve 👍

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Safe travels to Alaska.

+ 1    @SteelCityCruiser10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My area comes up as Very Unhealthy.I have a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning.Being outside would be walking to my car

approximately 20 feet ,going from the underground parking lot to the medical building,another 20 feet and the same going home,

However,with my medical issues I may have to cancel.

Take care and stay safe Lenny.

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just started watching a really good TV series on Paramount+ called the The Offer.  It's about the making of The Godfather.  We're hooked.  Good performances by several actors with Miles Teller (Rooster from Top Gun Maverick) in the lead role as the movie's producer Al Ruddy.  The actors who play young Marlon Brando and Al Pacino are amazingly like the real people.  Juno Temple (Keeley on Ted Lasso) plays Ruddy's secretary and it's weird seeing her talking with an American accent.  I highly recommend watching.

It was a really good series!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We got to 700 C&A points in November. Today FedEx delivered a plain black envelope with our Pinnacle pins. 

Congratulations !

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a biopsy this morning .Possibly another Skin Cancer.

Sorry. Glad you are getting it treated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Take care and stay safe Lenny.

I went because it was to have a biopsy .I had a pimple on my left arm that grew and got very bight red.I called for a doctor appointment but by the time I went it practically disappeared.Toby wanted me to go anyway.The doctor is the son of a guy I went to school with and I have been going to him for 20 years.As soon as he saw it he scheduled me for a biopsy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

LOL

On the World Cruise webinar Tuesday they were talking about how they were having the Pins made up in advance for all the cruisers attaining Pinnacle status on board so they would not have to wait a month for their package to arrive.  The person that said that obviously is out of touch with reality.

We just got ours today! Only a 7+ month wait... and they spelled my name wrong, Lol!😄

• Like 5

23 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Tomorrow is finally the day we leave for Alaska & board Radiance on Friday!  

woo hoo … Absolutely love Alaska 

I’ll check on in here periodically rather than going live more than likely.

Im 95% packed and still catching up on house chores, preparing dogs for kennel etc. before we leave tomorrow.

DW however just left work at 7:30 & still needs to pack .. oh my 😱😱🤢🤢

Already had a crisis averted this morning when I called our kennel/doggie daycare to touch base re: drop off time in the AM, they did NOT have our reservation.  What!!  Luckily they had room for the fur babies and all is good. Whew 😥 No idea how that happened but nothing to worry about.  

Cheers 🍻

Mark

How long are you going to stay in Vancouver?  Do you have any plans for while you are there?

• Like 1