The Daily for Tuesday 01/11/2022

richwmn

Good morning from a sunny, but cold Bluffton, SC where it is only 36 degrees.  It promises to go up to 53 today.  This is not what I bargained for when we moved here from New York.  Oh well, winter will be over in a few days and it will be in the 70s again.

Can’t write my name in Morse Code.  First name not bad, but surname too long to learn.  

Interesting collection of days.  My pick is Shop for Travel.  Still in the wondering stage about our April Cruise. No puddles to splash in and I don’t want to get someone else messy anyway.

Trying to write quickly before the CC gremlins find me.  

Prayers for all who need them.  Jacqui, you and Jose are in my daily prayers and hope there is a solution to his situation soon.  

Roy, I hope you’re recovering from the radiation side effects and doing better each day.

Cheers to those celebrating.  

We will be staying home today—just like every other day.  South Carolina has one of the largest outbreaks of Omicron so why would we want to go anywhere?  

Think i would feel safer on a cruise ship than around here where people do not believe in masks or vaccinations. (Sorry, just venting)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Slept in myself this morning as well. Sam was patient about going out thankfully.

Grilled corn always tastes better than boiled. Then adding the remaining corn shaved off the cobs to salads. Yum! I agree the chipotle butter would be good on other vegetables.

Tasmania may be in our plans for 2024. While we were in San Diego last month, the Grand Princess was there. While eating dinner outside at the "Claim Jumper" outside, I checked future sailings for it. It will be Down Under during the 2024 season. We could possible combine a cruise and visit our friends in Melbourne, Vic.

Stay safe!

-Jack

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs fans especially Rich!  It's cold here today but I dare not say what the temp was because so many of you are much colder than we are.  So we drove to the gym and got that out of the way.  Today I have to get dolled up in order to have passport photos taken.  If I went and had a photo taken as I am now I would be embarrassed for the next 10 years.  So I'm going to count the passport photos as the Shop for Travel portion of my day.

I can't do Morse Code but it looks like some of you can.  I don't step in puddles anymore but used to.  We lived on a corner growing up and there would be a puddle at the curb after heavy rains.  A BIG puddle.  Room for all of us to splash about!  Guess I got it out of my system.  The quote was nice and the corn looks good.  We've been to Hobart twice in 2013 and twice in 2017.  I have some good photos but have to see how much time I have, what with all the work getting myself presentable and all.

@puppycanducruisewhat exciting news for your friends with two grandsons in two days.  I'd say they were blessed!  @JAM37are you feeling better today?  Take care!  @marshhawkyour DH will be glad he got out to visit his step mom once he does it.  Saying goodbye is important for them both.

It was nice to see so many new posters here yesterday.  We hope they continue to post, for sure.  Welcome all!  Thanks go today to Rich @richwmnfor presenting the Daily even after such an exciting game last night which might have kept him up later than usual.  And Roy @rafinmdit's good you slept in today because you must have needed the extra hours sleeping.  We thank you for working on the lists and hope and pray the Care list section starts getting shorter.  Prayers to them all especially Tana, Jose and Jacqui, Marley and the medical team.  Cheers for the Celebration list!  Oh, I almost forgot!  Happy Birthday to soccer star DGS Ren who turned 15 years old this morning.  Ren is a "special" GS because he was born in Singapore while his Dad was on sabbatical from his University of Michigan position.  At about 9 lbs. he was the marvel of the nursery!  They hadn't seen such chubby babies very often.  😂  DH and I arrived about 9 or 10 days later (preplanned flights) and got to enjoy a visit with the family while oohing and aahing over the new grandbaby.  So Happy Birthday Ren!

Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  I skimmed the Daily yesterday and it was nice to see some new people pop in.  Welcome!

We had a very memorable visit to Hobart, Tasmania on the Noordam.  We rented a car and drove all over the place.  Here are some pics of the historic prison, and some furry friends we met at an animal preserve.   Highly recommend renting a car there.  We had a wonderful day and covered a lot of ground.  The sites there are self-explanatory.  You don’t really need a guide.  The prison particularly was set up well as an outdoor museum, with great informational displays.

1FD86530-EE8E-46AE-B0F7-196A0DE13AAC.thumb.jpeg.26b6e883ca11ecd2dbf28e5554da591b.jpeg

A675A064-8C3C-4479-887A-87900E419EE2.thumb.jpeg.dc50b2e0786278b566ad83c5247ef037.jpeg

5A4A7421-E145-4ADB-A5B2-4F09E6447D0D.thumb.jpeg.09119774c22594913d8efc15aa8f510f.jpeg

7F33964B-A7D8-448C-98D0-A0C5987E2B56.thumb.jpeg.6f274ef74e2474e52d1e6be694bccc83.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. Thanks Rich for the Daily and also thanks to all contributors. No puddles to splash, everything is quite frozen here. I do remember  splashing around with the DGC's when baby sitting years ago. I had run out if ideas when I saw the fun puddles outside. 

We have not been to the port and look forward  to the pictures.I will pass on the recipe  today. I am making Swedish meatballs and potatoes  as a special request.

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi  Happy Birthday  to Ren! 

Congratulations  to all the new parents  as well.

All the best to all of you.

Terry

• Like 28

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs fans especially Rich!  It's cold here today but I dare not say what the temp was because so many of you are much colder than we are.  So we drove to the gym and got that out of the way.  Today I have to get dolled up in order to have passport photos taken.  If I went and had a photo taken as I am now I would be embarrassed for the next 10 years.  So I'm going to count the passport photos as the Shop for Travel portion of my day.

I can't do Morse Code but it looks like some of you can.  I don't step in puddles anymore but used to.  We lived on a corner growing up and there would be a puddle at the curb after heavy rains.  A BIG puddle.  Room for all of us to splash about!  Guess I got it out of my system.  The quote was nice and the corn looks good.  We've been to Hobart twice in 2013 and twice in 2017.  I have some good photos but have to see how much time I have, what with all the work getting myself presentable and all.

@puppycanducruisewhat exciting news for your friends with two grandsons in two days.  I'd say they were blessed!  @JAM37are you feeling better today?  Take care!  @marshhawkyour DH will be glad he got out to visit his step mom once he does it.  Saying goodbye is important for them both.

It was nice to see so many new posters here yesterday.  We hope they continue to post, for sure.  Welcome all!  Thanks go today to Rich @richwmnfor presenting the Daily even after such an exciting game last night which might have kept him up later than usual.  And Roy @rafinmdit's good you slept in today because you must have needed the extra hours sleeping.  We thank you for working on the lists and hope and pray the Care list section starts getting shorter.  Prayers to them all especially Tana, Jose and Jacqui, Marley and the medical team.  Cheers for the Celebration list!  Oh, I almost forgot!  Happy Birthday to soccer star DGS Ren who turned 15 years old this morning.  Ren is a "special" GS because he was born in Singapore while his Dad was on sabbatical from his University of Michigan position.  At about 9 lbs. he was the marvel of the nursery!  They hadn't seen such chubby babies very often.  😂  DH and I arrived about 9 or 10 days later (preplanned flights) and got to enjoy a visit with the family while oohing and aahing over the new grandbaby.  So Happy Birthday Ren!

Happy birthday, Ren! 🎂

I FEEL better even though my sinuses seem to be trying to change that. I'll be resting, drinking hot tea and paying close attention to symptoms. Thank you for thinking of me.

• Like 24

25 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  --. . .-. .-. -.-- checking in this morning - I love a challenge!  I remember puddle splashing on the way home from school, with a whole bunch of us ending up soaking wet.  @grapau27 you mean you never did that even as a child?  Every day I go shopping is shop for travel day; if it's clothing, the first thing I do is pick up the article to see how much it weighs.  I have put many things back on the rack, despite being so attracted to them, because of their weight.  Great quote today.

Well halleluiah, we finally made it into the single digits; right now it's -6C (21F), so it's practically balmy outside.  That means I'll be able to get out and whittle down some of the snowbanks bordering the driveway and back patio.  I'm thinking instead of wasting my energy with a shovel, I might just fling myself on the drifts to squash them down.  LOL   We'll see what happens.   I'm sure everyone's tired of winter already, especially the folks in Eastern Canada who are getting slammed with it right now - sorry, we had to get rid of that Arctic Low somehow.  Pretty sure this is how we'll all be looking at the end of winter this year:

Feeling.jpg.c21e6f2f054ad8c38dc38914e598cc3f.jpg

I like today's menu suggestion, but the barbecue is buried in the snow, so that will have to wait for summer.  If I had any corn right now, I'd be cooking it in the microwave.  Yesterday, someone on a site mentioned that a little known market had whole pork loins on sale for $1.99 per pound, so DH and I went over there.  What a great little place, clean, friendly, and a whole assortment of Asian goodies in there as well.  We walked out with 6 loins, 5 of which went into the freezer.  The one we left out will be going into the slow cooker today along with a bottle of barbecue sauce so we can have pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Congratulations to all the new parents (Jaime), and @puppycanducruise's friends who are grandparents to not one, but two new grandbabies - jackpot!  

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jacqui, Jose, his medical team, Marley, and for Tana. We'll raise the wine glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

My late mam was quite strict and taught me as well as other things not to deliberately splash others in rain water although I accidentally walked in puddles of water myself.

From a young age I played football (soccer) at every opportunity and kicking and heading a ball was all I and my friends thought about doing.

Graham.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, msmayor said:

Good morning, Daily friends, from frigid NJ...thermometer says 17 degrees right now, and only supposed to get up to 25.  Bright blue skies, so I'll patiently wait for the sun to make its way over the building to shine into my office.  I've got a big chunky sweater to wear while I wait...

I remember trying to learn Morse Code as a girl scout, but that was a very long time ago.  As cold as it is today, no puddles...just ice!  Shop for Travel Day is something I can really get behind...been searching for the possibility of renting a big house for the family in Virginia Beach or the Carolinas this summer, but I must be way too late for the best houses; so many are already booked up.

I like the quote - so true...no matter what happens, life really does go on.

Broke the news to my daughter last night that the baby shower I wanted so badly to have in person for her will go virtual.  Though the logistics of getting everyone in one spot to celebrate in person would have been a bit of a challenge, covid is the real reason we feel we shouldn't gather in a large groups.  Her mother-in-law would have had to join virtually regardless, so this way we're all in the same boat, so to speak.  My sister will help me set up a big Zoom meeting for us all, and I found a website that assists with pre-styled invites and an easy way to link her registry.  She was very excited when I told her about it, so we'll do our best to make it fun and memorable.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to all on the care list...shout outs to those celebrating.  Make today a good one!

A zoom meeting sounds great. It’s 9am where I am in NJ and still 17 degrees.

• Like 20

35 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy 15th birthday Ren.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Definitely slept in late this morning. Stayed up and watched the fantastic game. Congratulations Rich and thank you for still getting up early to post the Daily.

It’s presently 38 degrees F outside so I’m not going outdoors anytime soon to grill corn!

My dear SIL the twin’s hospitalized procedures went well yesterday and we do pray they finally have her A Fib controlled.🙏

I survived my first day of being on South Beach Diet and no shakes from not having a Happy Hour!

Believe I have been to Hobart. Sometimes after over a hundred countries visited ports of call get lost in the memory bank. 

Have a great day, continued thoughts and prayers for all in need and for those that don’t think they do.

• Like 28

Good morning everyone. It never fails to amaze me how many responders we have compared to viewers. As of now, 32 to over 300.

My son used to jump into every puddle he could find. I never did and can’t even remember any puddles as I walked to school.

It’s a balmy 17 degrees here. Glad I don’t have to leave the house today.

So far, so good with the aide.

Stay safe out there. Omicron is exploding.

Carol

• Like 28

ok, this may be a weird thing, but I think that January should be celebrated by wearing yellow or orange.  Something bright and cheerful to wipe out the snow from our eyes, and cold from our ears.

Grandpa always used to say, the bluer the sky, the worse the storm.  And our skies have been an incredible blue for the last two days.....weather this weekend?  Rain, and temps down to 32.  hmmmm.

Think I'll wear my orange shirt today! 

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds very good. @dfish the recipes extra tempting this morning.  I still haven’t decided what’s for dinner tonight but since I’m not leaving the house it won’t be fresh corn.  Currently it’s 9 with afternoon temps peaking at 12.  

DH finally got the results of his pcr test.  Negative for Covid.  Seems like he got a cold and shared that with me.  This did demonstrate how challenging it can be to test. 
I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.png.d06d61c6b988a8e35b6bfeebbd51fe53.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

Thanks to @AncientWandererfor the photos from Port Arthur.  Is it a long drive from Hobart?  We have only visited it by ship.  I find Port Arthur a highlight of our stops in Tasmania.  

I'll show a couple different things we did in Hobart.  One time a fellow CC friend rented a car and invited us along to visit the Tahune Airwalk, where you get an aerial view of the forest.  They have metal walkways high in the tree canopy and Tasmania has some of the tallest trees in the world.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC9il1LSmHLrBJExEyoDYP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705570

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSPla75Ogqu4x4s6JURUwk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705606

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxvzgcyOlRIcOn3y6urFIm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705629

When on the ground you sometimes faced obstacles but they had found a way to let us pass.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXIRpLs8aGS7BdwrSMcQ6i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705625

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3s75xEBQD04E7nIH95PRA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705649

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKny6zj9S3_XfbO2mWitCh7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705680

After the forest walk we ate lunch at a small restaurant, and drove back to Hobart.

The second time in Hobart on this Diamond Princess cruise in 2013, we got off the ship and walked through the town.  It's quite nice and easily walkable.  

In 2017 on Sun Princess we visited two times.  The first time we made a beeline for the Hobart Botanical Park.  The second time we walked the town again.  You can always find new things to see if you just turn in the opposite direction!

Across from the harbor is City Hall, a beautiful building IMO.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKACP9MXOWAQIpQoVJUcf_M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559365

Along the path we took to the Garden, we passed Government House, home of the Governor of Tasmania.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-jQKIvzIKNYsQdRm7PLX_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559453

The Botanical Gardens abutted the Government House property which must have been nice to see the gardens while strolling the grounds. 

Here are the gates to the Botanical park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJIl9vnSOIfzyN_Ms4umQC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559504

They handed you a map thank goodness.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQieh0OqppYYFfAvFj2Eaa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559512

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLh8fko5Ck5SvjAjbtZHtYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZxaDtEypPwGWXSjgK0WId?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559523

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMngIQojBoStyrTH2o6VAd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559534

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJj_gBv64KKtWtukXBFO2DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605473

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF57DedWCVKyPYV8CYAvaK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559558

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIW7k8yaIYH1bOUeamFcAP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559567

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJ3WU7oOkFNc0tyI4ySaar?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559594

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjimpryvVxp3ajM3W3t6Wn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559594

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6JSKIVxz2DWahR7v1itV-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559606

Love these!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPYWPIQd4w9kEAjsB7_rov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559660

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdqjIkTI4SEmFHQDXFGqHj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_T-J8rWIBOXPB7TUUn2gs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559675

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7xsioPyZYGbGqgEhJaBzy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKlox32zy0G-5NR3WojeMr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559739

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKy2LzWjqlytlqHWna-YM31?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHBWHLmevenJnT__ylnlsM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559762

Goodness, there was so much to see.  I'd love to go back, and highly recommend visiting here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIik3NKlJpkYi2rO4zEZnes?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559779

This was in the sub-Antarctica plant house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXr-lPtLwsa1PfutTr7xyL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559831

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDjhVIYrViagKPWCHYc9Mh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559838

There was a Japanese Garden too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPyao0PvPP5nOR-TGaJUDl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559799

Well, I have to stop now.  I could be here all day doing this.  Have to prepare for my photo shoot!  Hope you liked the photos.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 8

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My late mam was quite strict and taught me as well as other things not to deliberately splash others in rain water although I accidentally walked in puddles of water myself.

From a young age I played football (soccer) at every opportunity and kicking and heading a ball was all I and my friends thought about doing.

Graham.

Do you recognize any of these jerseys, Graham?   When DS was 16, his club team spent about a month in England playing club teams.  It was a wonderful experience for the young men.

(Sorry if photos are too big.  I can’t seem to control that.)

5CED0810-32EA-4F32-9A0F-25EDF47AF688.thumb.jpeg.b24fbd745d9ee40d2be96458bd9697ee.jpeg

ADF600C0-CC3A-4944-80E3-A4003C455950.thumb.jpeg.952ae8bc2deaab5bb9853d60c872e81d.jpeg

EC0C8CA1-E97F-472A-A6C8-FB00DCFE954B.thumb.jpeg.879d3d0ba7ada215e2e861c19c342687.jpeg

• Like 23

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the care lists.

I must say that I am happy the UGA was the victor last night. They had a great team.

I love grilled corn and the chipotle butter on it sounds wonderful.

Yesterday I had cateract surgery on my left eye. I thnk it went well - even thuogh I can't see very well right now. It will take a few days. Then, next week I will have the other eye done.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersSandi, I don't remember how long it took to drive from Hobart to Port Arthur, but I do recall that we didn't feel rushed throughout the day.  I get nervous about getting back to the ship on time when we rent a car, but from Hobart the day went very well, with a good driving loop to see highlights.  I, too, would love to go back.   Very interesting place.  And Happy Birthday to your dear Ren!  He seems like such a lovely young person.  😊

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't sure whether to add this to yesterday's discussion of how comfortable and comforting The Daily is or throw it into today's thread.

Yesterday's discussion saw a number of new voices and also comments from less frequent contibutors reminding me that, previously, someone noted how many lurkers there are on The Daily in comparison to posters. That made me wonder if my mostly lurking and only occasionally posting is a social media mistake. So, 'Research Melisa' (as long-time friends term me) set about finding out.

It seems multiple levels of social media involvement are common with participants being Leaders, Likers, Lurkers, or Loners. Most count 90% as lurkers, another 9% occasionally participating, and the remaining 1% regularly engaging.

Personally, I'm a Lurker with occasional contributions. Whether Leader, Liker, Lurker, or Loner, I'm glad The Daily has welcoming room for all of us and I'm very glad our Leaders keep The Daily conversation going.

-Melisa

Screenshot_20220103-083214.thumb.png.0ffaedbce6e9c93ab80f45236bdadf36.png

The Leaders are the content creators.

The Likers often do not create but share, comment, and engage with content.

The Lurkers purely observe and consume.

The Loners refuse to have social media accounts.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

I normally prepare the lists in advance and post from word to the daily.  Yesterday I got behind with both church and fire department meetings and the Daily, and I hope my care list will not miss too much and I'll take the celebrations in a bit of a different directions which does not support cut and paste:

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Marshhawk with new illness and doctor issue
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Tana in hospital
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment January 19
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:
@richwmn our inspiration

@puppycanducruise

@portofrome

@seagarsmoker

@Mr. Boston

@summer slope our drink lady

@rafinmd list keeper

@St Pete Cruiser

@KirkNC

@Heartgrove

@kazu Dean of memes bon voyages and FCL

@JAM37

@marshhawk

@cat shepard our wine expert

@grapau27 our day explainer

@mamaofami grardian extraordinare of Sam

@Seasick Sailor our reigning long term crjiser

@Himself our spiritual inspiration

@StLouisCruisers our port resource

@ger_77 our frozen tundra resource

@aliaschief

@dfish our culinary expert

@travelingbums

@Gail & Marty sailing away

@cunnorl our Canaveral connection

@smitty34877 caregiver extraordinare

@Cruzin Terri

@Crazy For Cats

@1ANGELCAT

@JazzyV

@Cruising-along

@Live4cruises

@Overhead Fred

@Boytjie

@Quartzsite Cruiser

@USN59-79 Our resident veteran

@Vict0riann

@bennybear

@Horizon chaser 1957 Our keeper of the mats

@Cat in my lap One of our newer members

@garlictown Welcome home

@durangoscots

@Lady Hudson

@Tbay

@superoma

@srdancer Our newest former lurker

@ottahand7

@cruzn single Your consistent charity work

These were just the people on yesterday's daily.  A few more who have posted so far today:

@ATC

@AncientWanderer

@msmayor

Missing recently but a big part if the Daily my fellow Marylander

@NextOne

While I have not elaborated on everybody, EVERYBODY on this list had made this the special community that it is

And of course

Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 29

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists. Yes, it's good to be home and sleeping in my own bed (however, the beds on the Rotterdam were comfortable too!) and I certainly agree with @Cruzin Terriabout feeling "safe" on the cruise ship--wearing masks, etc.😊

Catching up on mail and found the TravelSmith/Magellan catalog in the pile ~~perfect for travel clothes but maybe we should stay home awhile, LOL!😄

Prayers to all in need and Happy Tuesday!

Katie

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I wasn't sure whether to add this to yesterday's discussion of how comfortable and comforting The Daily is or throw it into today's thread.

Yesterday's discussion saw a number of new voices and also comments from less frequent contibutors reminding me that, previously, someone noted how many lurkers there are on The Daily in comparison to posters. That made me wonder if my mostly lurking and only occasionally posting is a social media mistake. So, 'Research Melisa' (as long-time friends term me) set about finding out.

It seems multiple levels of social media involvement are common with participants being Leaders, Likers, Lurkers, or Loners. Most count 90% as lurkers, another 9% occasionally participating, and the remaining 1% regularly engaging.

Personally, I'm a Lurker with occasional contributions. Whether Leader, Liker, Lurker, or Loner, I'm glad The Daily has welcoming room for all of us and I'm very glad our Leaders keep The Daily conversation going.

-Melisa

Screenshot_20220103-083214.thumb.png.0ffaedbce6e9c93ab80f45236bdadf36.png

The Leaders are the content creators.

The Likers often do not create but share, comment, and engage with content.

The Lurkers purely observe and consume.

The Loners refuse to have social media accounts.

You're definitely not a lurker because you DO contribute.

Roy

• Like 20