The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 7th, 2024

kazu

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I know you meant chicken instead of children for dinner! 

There is a story that W.C. Fields, asked how he liked children, replied "Parboiled."

• Like 6
  • Haha 18

37 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

have you had any relief from your pain with the acupuncture treatments

A bit of improvement Gerry but nothing to write home about yet.  No exciting update except been unwell for the last few days - not sure if I really have something or if it is from the pain.  Just the same, I am being cautious and not risking giving it to anyone until I feel 100%.  Not covid.  Unfortunately my foot is also acting up in pain - hoping the podiatrist can squeeze me in tomorrow.  I have nothing good to report so I’m not LOL.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 17

20 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

SLC, do you want to be my proof reader! Either my spell chek is off, my eye sight is weak or just call me Witch RNB! I was in time to correct the errror!

I did try sugar free vanilla and strawberry ice cream which was good but not like the real thing

Just shows I'm paying attention, but no, sorry, I'm not available right now for spell check services. 😉  I need to start making lists for my cruise next month.  Lots going on between now and then.

I agree the sugar free ice cream isn't as good but sometimes we can't be choosy.  Still, you did great.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

The English teacher in me requires saying

As I former English teacher too, I did a bit of research on the use of healthy and healthful.  I found this brief video interesting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)

Good evening. Back at sea after a day visiting Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Docked alongside Crystal Serenity today so maybe one of Roy’s old ships. 
Rode about and hour from port to Kuala Lumpur to visit the temples. It’s Ramadan so many Hindus’s fasting and visiting temples and climbing the 278 stairs to worship at the several temples in the caves. 
Saw the gates and entranceways to the Kings Palace with it’s standing and mounted sentries.

Saw Independence Square where they gained independence in 1957.

Dinner at Chefs French Table followed by a lady from Australia who did an outstanding job of performing songs from the 60’s folk music scene.

The skyscraper towers use to be the highest in the world but hearsay says Dubai has the highest.

👏👏 Clocks back an hour tonight. Sea day tomorrow before our next port Sabang, Indonesia.

Life is fantastic and enjoying our first world cruise. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.45645338ed80d839b44f1a5a5fe8c664.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.359697744a76f6ddd4087bb131e95dff.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6cd002f06393ff25a254a34e80333e6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce5be67e4cff923bbf87830ede3f2419.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2163dd9b7bcf6b33bd8a65b753b21873.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f0deae252b033d5eece4dc11e55e9a8c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e7c761bdbada4128d322755753c5f132.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d82e24e0f3eaf237fbd360a6f30a2846.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e26aed6c2d44dfd17d6ed66c4ef7a7af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4468695271765ad7f3f0388be49612d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d5d5ce575b36c6145a32a179afc3e988.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1c2f0c1b622c4dcee61a770040434ac9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.048a8aaffa951d438d4b47847548a1b9.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Good morning!

We are home after a fabulous cruise -- couldn't have been better.  I'm missing everyone already, and am so happy to have met Susan,  Lorraine,  Caron and so many others!  We truly became a big family after 3 months.

Our pantry and fridge are completely bare, so grocery shopping is first up today and then a visit to see the kids and grandkids.  Can't wait to see them.  🙂  

It will be nice to catch up on everything happening on the Daily too.  I know I missed a lot and I apologize for that. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Made it on board quickly , the cane helped, we had a shortcut down to the atrium on deck one.  We walked to the forward elevators and up to 6 to our room .  It’s a standard balcony, but only 2 hanging closets.  In the past we’ve had three!  I immediately bought internet, and here I am!  There were many people in the lounge who greeted us from the roll call and Jacqui’s friends J&J, who flew in this morning.  Didn’t see @Overhead Fred, maybe they slept in… 

there are tourists looking at us.IMG_4692.thumb.jpeg.ac5653f25df69f6b2fa68c11edc59fb2.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. The sun is out with beautiful blue skies. Beavers are interesting animals . I have not been to the port. I make a good potato salad and wonder how the yogurt tastes in the healthful recipe.

Bon Voyage to  @Vict0riann, @Overhead Fred and the DW and DSIL of @Heartgrove!

@dfish,I am sorry the eye problems persist. Do you return to the Dr?

@JazzyV, I think of you often with your very limited sleep. So sorry the pain is back .

@kazu, Has the acupuncture helped? Your weather is dreadful .

@grapau27, love the pictures, thanks!

We are on our own during the day today and at night. Our teenager has been helping me with vacuuming and floor washing. I am grateful and have to tone down expectations…Tana is feeling better by this morning but sleep was elusive last night. 
Enjoy the day!

Terry, I wish you could have help today and tonight.  I'm glad Tana is feeling better this morning, but sorry she couldn't sleep.  The teenager is amazing with his cooking and helping with housework.  Teen years are stressful enough, and with the added burden of a sick mother, this must really be hard on him.  Tana and the rest of the family must be very proud of the fine young man he is becoming.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

A bit of improvement Gerry but nothing to write home about yet.  No exciting update except been unwell for the last few days - not sure if I really have something or if it is from the pain.  Just the same, I am being cautious and not risking giving it to anyone until I feel 100%.  Not covid.  Unfortunately my foot is also acting up in pain - hoping the podiatrist can squeeze me in tomorrow.  I have nothing good to report so I’m not LOL.

Jacqui, I'm sorry you are not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon, and that your pain lessens soon.

44 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good evening. Back at sea after a day visiting Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Docked alongside Crystal Serenity today so maybe one of Roy’s old ships. 
Rode about and hour from port to Kuala Lumpur to visit the temples. It’s Ramadan so many Hindus’s fasting and visiting temples and climbing the 278 stairs to worship at the several temples in the caves. 
Saw the gates and entranceways to the Kings Palace with it’s standing and mounted sentries.

Dinner at Chefs French Table followed by a lady from Australia who did an outstanding job of performing songs from the 60’s folk music scene.

👏👏 Clocks back an hour tonight. Sea day tomorrow before our next port Sabang, Indonesia.

Life is fantastic and enjoying our first world cruise. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.45645338ed80d839b44f1a5a5fe8c664.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.359697744a76f6ddd4087bb131e95dff.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6cd002f06393ff25a254a34e80333e6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce5be67e4cff923bbf87830ede3f2419.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2163dd9b7bcf6b33bd8a65b753b21873.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f0deae252b033d5eece4dc11e55e9a8c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e7c761bdbada4128d322755753c5f132.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d82e24e0f3eaf237fbd360a6f30a2846.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e26aed6c2d44dfd17d6ed66c4ef7a7af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4468695271765ad7f3f0388be49612d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d5d5ce575b36c6145a32a179afc3e988.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1c2f0c1b622c4dcee61a770040434ac9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.048a8aaffa951d438d4b47847548a1b9.jpeg

Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Bruce.  They brought wonderful memories of our visit to KL.

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning!

We are home after a fabulous cruise -- couldn't have been better.  I'm missing everyone already, and am so happy to have met Susan,  Lorraine,  Caron and so many others!  We truly became a big family after 3 months.

Our pantry and fridge are completely bare, so grocery shopping is first up today and then a visit to see the kids and grandkids.  Can't wait to see them.  🙂  

It will be nice to catch up on everything happening on the Daily too.  I know I missed a lot and I apologize for that. 

Carolyn, I'm glad you had such a great time on the cruise.  There is not need to apologize for missing events when you were seeing a big part of the world.

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Made it on board quickly , the cane helped, we had a shortcut down to the atrium on deck one.  We walked to the forward elevators and up to 6 to our room .  It’s a standard balcony, but only 2 hanging closets.  In the past we’ve had three!  I immediately bought internet, and here I am!  There were many people in the lounge who greeted us from the roll call and Jacqui’s friends J&J, who flew in this morning.  Didn’t see @Overhead Fred, maybe they slept in… 

there are tourists looking at us.IMG_4692.thumb.jpeg.ac5653f25df69f6b2fa68c11edc59fb2.jpeg

Ann, glad embarkation was easy.  Have a wonderful time.

It's finally warmed up, so I'm going to change into yard clothes and go tackle the yard.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, 

The sun is out but rain is in the forecast. I've been missing in action only because it's been busy and I've been in a bit of a funk which is unusual for me. I'll be fine - just have to work through things. 

Thursday a friend and I went to BC to visit my 97.5 year old mother. We were on the go the whole time! We went to a local mall so she could get her lottery tickets then to Northern Reflections where Mom got a pair of black jeans for me for my birthday. We went to Cob's bakery for scones (I have a triple chocolate one and a cinnamon one in the freezer to indulge in later). For lunch we went to White Spot for the shrimp sandwich and then my friend wanted to do IKEA. I've never been and it was interesting but not convinced I'd go again. My DM walked the whole thing with her walker, knew she had to use the restroom as we walked in and had her route planned! We got to her place at 11:20 and left at 5:00 getting home at 7:15 so a long day. 

Friday I got my second Shingles vaccine and the newest Covid booster so I have a sore left arm. Yesterday was visiting with a friend for a short time. I know why I'm in a funk so no worries. Just teary due to upcoming birthday/anniversary. Once I get over that I'll be fine. 

Have a great Sunday! My plan is to be home, watch the ships sail away, and be lazy!

@kazu I hope you're feeling better soon. Hang in there! 

Karen

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

The skyscraper towers use to be the highest in the world but hearsay says Dubai has the highest.

Great photos Bruce!  Someone in the red car really likes the American flag, eh?  Hoping you continue to send photos and cruise reports.  Can't blame you for enjoying this fantastic cruise so much.  There would be something wrong with a person who wasn't having a good time.😉

27 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

IMG_1145.thumb.jpeg.064c1dbcd9f86e44cdfdc728242ed2c2.jpegIMG_1140.thumb.jpeg.848343a017cdec88d70226228f0ef2ac.jpegSpace X, 7:30pm Mountain Time, Tucson, AZ 4/6/24.

Thank you so much for these fascinating photos!  

17 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning!

I'm glad you enjoyed your wonderful cruise Carolyn.  But not surprising you missed seeing the kids and grandkids.  They will enjoy hearing first hand about the many places you saw.  No need to apologize for not keeping up while on your cruise.  There were so many other things to do.  

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hope you see Fred and Mitzi soon.  Yes, I bet the tourist were wishing they could sail away with you!  We'll be looking for you!

6 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

The sun is out but rain is in the forecast. I've been missing in action only because it's been busy and I've been in a bit of a funk which is unusual for me. I'll be fine - just have to work through things. 

Thursday a friend and I went to BC to visit my 97.5 year old mother. We were on the go the whole time! We went to a local mall so she could get her lottery tickets then to Northern Reflections where Mom got a pair of black jeans for me for my birthday. We went to Cob's bakery for scones (I have a triple chocolate one and a cinnamon one in the freezer to indulge in later). For lunch we went to White Spot for the shrimp sandwich and then my friend wanted to do IKEA. I've never been and it was interesting but not convinced I'd go again. My DM walked the whole thing with her walker, knew she had to use the restroom as we walked in and had her route planned! We got to her place at 11:20 and left at 5:00 getting home at 7:15 so a long day. 

Friday I got my second Shingles vaccine and the newest Covid booster so I have a sore left arm. Yesterday was visiting with a friend for a short time. I know why I'm in a funk so no worries. Just teary due to upcoming birthday/anniversary. Once I get over that I'll be fine. 

Have a great Sunday! My plan is to be home, watch the ships sail away, and be lazy!

@kazu I hope you're feeling better soon. Hang in there! 

Karen

I made a note of your upcoming birthday and the anniversary of you and your DD DH on the same date so was thinking that was why you're in a funk.  I hope you can come here and let us know how you're feeling anytime.  Tuesday is the birthday of my late friend Bob who passed in February and I was thinking I would talk to his widow Sandy to let her know we haven't forgotten him.  Their anniversary would have been 4/26, too so another sad day for her.  By the way, your DM walking all around IKEA with her walker is amazing!  Let's hope you follow in those footsteps at 97.5.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Made it on board quickly

Have a great cruise Ann and Pat.  See you in Cobh on Wednesday 17th!

@Overhead Fred You also have a great cruise and see you in Rotterdam on April 21st.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I know, I know, I’m so late with thanking everyone for their birthday wishes. We left the Zaandam on my birthday after a two week Panama Canal cruise with friends and spent the whole day traveling back to the east coast. It didn’t feel like my birthday until I had a chance to see all the well wishes from my CC family. Thanks @StLouisCruisers , @erewhon, @Sharon in AZ, @Overhead Fred, @cunnorl, @Haljo1935, @JazzyV @kazu @ottahand7 @Yourworldwithbill @marshhawk @ger_77 @Nickelpenny @Quartzsite Cruiser @rafinmd @cat shepard @Denise T @puppycanducruise @dfish @grapau27 .I hope I didn’t forget anybody. Thanks so much ❤️💕. Susan 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I love seeing beavers but they can be a reason for destruction in some parts of the US; the only snail-papers I get are in the mail and they immediately go into the trash.  I still think in the metric system for most things; in fact, my tape measure is metric!  As a beer drinker, I will celebrate international beer Day instead!! 

ScreenShot2024-04-07at09_30_31.thumb.png.7138466bf6d2683c0618a17e99de93d2.png

I have never been a fan of potato salad though my grandmother would make German potato salad - which I did like.  I don't know what made it "German" but it was way better than the one my Mom made; my Mom was not a good cook!!  Pass on the drink and wine, never been to the port, funny quote, and I do love a good Bach!!!

ScreenShot2024-04-06at16_08_53.png.7388b859dcc916d9fae040f68fd47954.png

It is absolutely beautiful here today - cool mornings, warm afternoons with sunshine.  Presently it is 58F heading up to mid-70s.  I have given up trying to see the SpaceX launches as I would need to get in my car to see it. The view from my house is not a good viewing spot.  Oh, well.

ScreenShot2024-03-23at06_55_17.thumb.png.25739e97e05e92c091c41980e9dadb8f.png

I don't think I qualified for the knee study as I received a text from the appt rep and then a message to call the actual ortho institute to call them.  I guess I will stop trying and then worry about solutions after I take care of my back.  One thing at a time and I don't want to jeopardize my TA in Oct/Nov.  

IMG_7715.thumb.JPG.64a5adafb6979f04814374ed682c835b.JPG

My CT is late this afternoon.  After all the x-rays, MRIs, and CTs I have had lately, I am surprised I am not glowing!!

Bon Voyage to those embarking today!  Thoughts for those on the care list.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fred and Mitzi are on board and Tony has organized the anniversary dinner in Canaletto for tomorrow.  I’m hoping that we will be able to see the spacex launch tonight as we sail past.  Not quite sure how it will work. 

• Like 21

@Cruising-along Welcome home!  I'm sure you all had a wonderful time!   The boys will be so excited to see you and Henry!

@luvteaching Hugs to you, Karen.  Lean on us when you need to.

@kazu Sorry you are under the weather.  Hopefully some of the aches and pains are due to the weather and will resolve as it gets better.  That is what I blame everything on.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all! 
Sending extra hugs to @kazu and @smitty34877   Praying things start to improve for both of you soon! 
A very big welcome home to the Grand Australia crew!  That must feel quite something! 

re metric, we’re bilingual!  My mom only understood imperial, our children only metric.  We translate, lol! 

Lots of beavers here! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ef26f4eec91766a82d9ed554abf0b57.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b77d7342942ed74b2ea2919ff4240c04.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

There was an interesting article in the Los Angeles Times, the other day, regarding beavers.  It seems that aerial photographs of recent burn areas found a number of green "oases" in the middle of larger areas that were totally ravaged by fire.  You guessed it--ponds made by beavers.  It seems that not only do beavers create ponds by constructing dams, they also dig tunnels under and around these ponds.  Water seeps into these tunnels, and, so the area around the pond becomes quite damp and is able to resist the flames of a brush fire,

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5